600WHP TT on E85?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jay-spec

I been conducting a bit of research on E85 on the the 1UZ. I have a twin turbo setup and I'm very intrique about the properties of the E85 fuel. Thanks to the efforts of Lextreme I'm using 490cc 7M-GTE injectors. My goals isn't to make incredibly high horse power but a moderate 500-600hp for road racing purposes. To my understanding 30% of more fuel is needed to make the same amount as 98 octane but it runs cooler and more boost pressure can added. I'm just wondering if the 490cc will be adequate enough for my power goals. Your response wil be greatly appreciated.

no, you will need 1000cc at least, look for an atomiser type injector Bosch 2000cc or Injector Dynamics ID2000, older style injectors tend to hunt when they are idling etc.. you need to make sure your fuel pumps are up to the task as well. you will need minimum 1200hp of fuel pump.

Thank you but I'm curious to know what are the power levels you feel are attainable with the 490cc injectors and twin 255LPH pumps?

First the 7m injectors are most certainly low impedance 440cc. I have some raw data for you that might interest ya. I just finished my swap (My Thread)and have spent some time tuning and learning what this engine likes with the stock cams.

First, I'm running Siemens Deka 875cc high impedance Injectors with E85. At 48psi base fuel pressure with 2 Walbros and a -8 feed, 14psi (BW S366), @ 7000rpm, and 11.7:1 AFR These injectors are sitting at 49-50% duty cycle. In contrast, my last setup was a 1jz with a T78 and these same injectors, obviously 6 instead of 8, and it did 640rwhp at 90% duty cycle (ya, ya I know) and even more base pressure.

With that being said, I know it's right around 500rwhp(been tuning and fabricating for nearly 12 years...you get a feel for it lol) and likely a substantially more amount of torque.

Last edited: