550 bhp engine for $36,000

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Yes its true.

M-6007-GT.jpg

This is a new supercharged Ford GT engine for $36,000. This is what you get for $36k

As used in the 2005 Ford GT supercar

5.4L 90-degree supercharged V-8; Aluminum block and heads

2.3L screw-type positive displacement supercharger with intercooler

Dry sump oil system with tank included

Forged H-beam connecting rods and forged pistons

Cylinder head design similar to the 2000 Cobra 'R' and 'Rough Rider' race heads

550 hp @ 6,500 RPM

500 lb/ft torque @ 3,750 RPM

Fully dressed

I and others on this forum can turbo charge or supercharge an older 1uz-fe motor and produce 550bhp for around $5000... $1000 for a solid early model 1uz-fe motor delivered to your door step and another $4000 for a premium boost application.. You can save $30,000 and some change..:27:

Although I am sure with just a few mod's you can get that GT500 motor running up into the 600bhp range... Still too much money...$36,000...:Eyecrazy:

I think a boosted used 1uz-fe motor is the best bang for the buck on the planet.... Single turbo it or install one of those Eaton superchargers and that will get that little 4.0 liter V8 going and save you a ton of money when comparing...

Although, if I were to do it over I may choose a used Q45 Infinity motor over the smaller 1uz-fe to boost...That may be the second best bang for the buck when boosted with a little more displacement to boot...

These are used motors of course... My too cents...Ebay for motors anyone?

Look elsewhere on the same website at their big block crate engines 550hp for $6700. We only paid around $12000 for our n/a 730hp engine built to our spec.

Have alook at the real cost of building a 1UZ that will last 100,000km in the hands of normal (unsympathetic) owners and it gets expensive.

Whilst I think $36,000 is a lot it isn't all that bad for a tested package that must come with a reasonable warranty.

The GTO ? Monaro sell for under $30k when new...
The Mustang with similar motor [iron block] sells for $40K with superchrged engine etc...

LOL

nothing but a high priced boat anchor. just proves that Ford stands for F--king Owner Really Dumb :blowjob: theres one born every minute.:buttkick:

They must really be hoping to make some bucks on the Pro-Touring crowd or something. But still $36,000? An LS7 costs half that with nearly the same numbers, and fits in damn near everything on the road. Even if you have a GT and blow the engine up, it'll still be cheaper to rebuild it than buy a new one.

don't know

i don't know what Chevy stands for. But if you say shitt-ty really fast or with a country accent then it kind of sounds the same as Chevy. So sometimes i'll call them shi-rolet, or cr-palier for cavalier. or cr-pero for camero. i like to call Cadillacs Cattlecr-p. I call the custom Chevy Vans customcrapp-rs:Flush:, because thats what they are. I started off working at a Chevrolet dealer then a Cadillac dealer. So i've had plenty of time to make fun of these cars. Its more fun to make fun of Fords though because people either love them so much they want to fight you or they've actually had to work on one and so they agree.:tongue2: No offense taken of course to anyone who likes these cars. Just my opinion.

Yeah. I am fond of the Chevy's and don't care much for the Fords... Either you like one or the other in most cases.. Kinda like religion you follow what you are brought up on usually....People in the US really get behind the maker and stick too it...

If I had to guess what Chevy stands for I would say Cheap Hefty effrortlessy vast ????? (yen).... I don't know??? ...sheeeeet...

I know what Pontiac stands for...."Poor Ole N...... thinks it's a Cadilac"....OOOPS!!!! That's not nice, but I didn't make that one up...

Mercury?

Cadilac?

Toyota?

Lexus?

Anyone, getting off topic now, my bad...

yeah

i bet thats one bad engine. for 36k there's only one car that should go in. a Pinto. then it would be worth 36k and a dollar.