500 rwhp Supra Vs. 500 rwhp SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
well if we are talking similar weight, similar trannies and everything, then it comes down to motor i think, both have 500 hp, im assuming from the supra you have an inline 6 making the 500 and from the SC400 you have a V8 making 500, while they both have same hp, the v8 will have more torque.... so with all things considered maybe the SC400

xirforever said:
well if we are talking similar weight, similar trannies and everything, then it comes down to motor i think, both have 500 hp, im assuming from the supra you have an inline 6 making the 500 and from the SC400 you have a V8 making 500, while they both have same hp, the v8 will have more torque.... so with all things considered maybe the SC400
Agreed. If you have similar hp then it's all down to weight and torque.

Supra because of weight, but i wish we knew the actual weight difference between the sc400 and supra TT, you might have seen my post regarding this question.

Spec weight on the Supra MKIV turbo is approximately 3505 lbs...

Spec weight on the SC400 is approximately 3590 lbs...

So there you go...a tough call, but a great race to see...:ninja:

Ryan

Well, i think there is more of a gap than that, my stock sc400 with a half tank of gas came in at 3780 without driver. But the scale could have been inaccurate, don't know.

Well, there not the same weight. If they were the same weight and same horsepower then they'd have the same exact 1/4 mile time, or at least 1/4 mile mph.

This is heading toward the classic Torque vs HP discussion....

Here's a very old, but entertaining explanation of their similarities and differences: http://member.rivernet.com.au/btaylor/BMWText/technical/EnginePower.html

If that's not enough, California is full of 500 HP Supras, and those of us on the Supra side could probably find another owner for you to compare dyno sheets with, weigh in, equalise the weights then line up? What do you think, David?

John

WDoherty said:
Well, there not the same weight. If they were the same weight and same horsepower then they'd have the same exact 1/4 mile time, or at least 1/4 mile mph.

i think your forgetting torque differences?

crib, great web site, thanks

xirforever,
Yeah i agree the 8 will have more torque wich i think would make the diference..
But i think they could go at it 10 times and come up with 5 each, again i say that its all on the launch.

And cebby the first post tells they are both turboed.

John,

When my project is done, it will be SC470TT not SC400TT. I can de-tune it to 500 rwhp and call up SP Engineering for a 500 rwhp Supra and we can head out to the track. From there we can really test the theory of HP Vs TQ.