5.7L Iforce swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mad with Power

now i know soon as this goes up all of you are gonna wanna thrash on it.
so if you don't got anything nice to say lets leave it out aye?
will it fit and if so will a torque damper also fit and keep the 550lb ft. of torque from beating against the strut towers. this is my only concern so if you dont know that then please reframe from cridicism i have specs for everything else ty.

I dont think anyone has tryed to fit one yet, i would love to try, wanta donate a 5.7 to me? also what chassis are you proposing?

I dont think you would need anything special to keep it from hitting the strut towers unless you plan on not ever bolting down the motor mounts.

Remember those Lexus commercials back in 1991 with the champagne glasses? Absolutely no movement. At most my charger bracket would move a few MM under WOT at redline. Do you plan to rock a strut bar? That may prove hard as mine uses washers to clear the top of my TB but still do able. At worse case you could fab a plate and use a universal torque damper if the engine is bucking. Jake's right i don't see any toyota 8 rocking back/forth if properly bolted up.

550lb torque? Does yours have the TRD blower on it? if so may we see some pics :)

The motors in the works i can pick it up from a good friend for about 5,000 with the supercharger. (steal of a deal) and yeah if you know anything about mucle when you have that much torgue the motor will rock those mounts. everseen an old mucle car with chains on the motor? hence the torque damper. as for the strut bar were gonna try and find one closest to our needs or posibbly fabricate our own. yes i know no ones done it thats why where doing it was just hoping on anyones opion to have done some reasearch. As for a chassis where gonna use a 92 non-turbo manual. Thats all i can give you as details are vitual to being kept quiet and i will post picks of motor and such when we pick it up. Any advice on what 6 spd manual tranny to use would be greatly appriciated. And almost everything on this car is gonna be custom fabricated but i will be happy to share that info as we go along for your help to those of you who have info in private via email and such. and as for the weight of the 5.7l v8 were gonna drop it on a scale so that weight will be available for you guys soon.

What vehicle is this going into? Supra? Well if your trying to keep the swap a secret it makes it a little hard as far as friendly coaching goes. You won't necessarily be the first to swap one, but that isn't a bad thing either. Honestly the person to to talk with is David, the forum guru. I don't know the status as of today but lex has fitted the 5.7 into his SC with no problems. I saw it firsthand so I can vouch that it wasn't a mad-scientist level swap. If your worried about the engine rocking, fab some all metal mounts but I would say thats overkill. Many forum members are pushing high hp with stock toyota mounts, have not heard any griping in this area.

I have a 5.7L complete in my garage. I have the mounts ready to go. You will need to cut the transmission tunnel unless you are going to run T56 or other transmission that you might not have to.

Even with a supercharger i dont see the need for any special mounting, they dont add special mounts to the tundras when adding the super charger, and your mounts to swap it into the supra wont be too diffrent from the stock tundra mount setup.

as for keeping the swap quiet, eh theres like maybe 50 people world wide that will have a heavy intrest in this swap, my 1uz supra generates very very very litttle intrest outside this small communty, all in all your secrets are safe on lextreme, this section is a members only section as well.

that said you can send updates to [email protected] if you like, im very intrested in it, as i would like to do a 5.7 in a supra one day when the motors come down in price, but i dont need to steal info from you to pull it off as i already have a v8 supra.

yeah

i dont think im the first to ever swap a 5.7L i just wanna be the first to swap it into a mk3 and if the info is ready avaiable people would be more likely to want to do it and i dont want anyone beating me to the punch as toyota wont give some of the info i want.

I wouldn't bother trying to put it into an MA70 chassis.
I'd go out and buy a JZA80 if you are determined to put it into a Supra.

The massive double wishbone of the MA70 chassis would make it almost impossible to make a decent exhaust for it, assuming its a tad wider than the 1UZ. (I can't remember if its a 60deg or 90deg V).

That and the JZA80 (while not looking as good) would be a much better chassis to play with that power.

Since its a 5.7L and dual VVTi, I'm assuming the block and heads are much wider than the 1UZ.

We both know just how tight the 1UZ in the MA70 is, and I don't reckon it could take a motor that is physically much bigger, especially when it comes to an exhaust.
(this is assuming its a 90deg V)

Chassis wise was nothing to do with the power, more to do with the age.
I personally feel the JZA80 is a more 'worthy' chassis for this motor.
Just like I feel that putting the 1GZFE into an MA61 is also not worthy.

well looking at my 1uz in my supra i could fit a little bit larger engine in there, by about 2 inches on each side, and if he where to make headers he can 'create' more room, and how much wider is the A80 vs the A70?

and from what your saying, the A70 isnt worthy of this motor becouse you are biased baised on what cars you are used to seeing big power in then?
Age shouldnt have anything to do with it, both cars overlaped in age, considering there where 93 mkiii supras and 93 mkiv's from this statement i gather a 98 camaro isnt worthy of a 1000hp motor, or how about a 66mustang? or how about a 57 chevi? oh no wait how about a model T,

all these cars are much much older then the mkiii and have been setup with much more power then is proposed here. hell there is a 1000hp mkiii that is local to me, twice the power the OP is proposing, I dont see an issue with it.

Guys,

I put the 5.7L in a SC400 engine bay. I think I was the first and only person ever install it. The clearance is very close. I would say 1/4" each side. Secondly, you will need to remove or modify the K member along with cutting the transmission tunnel. As Peewee stated the engine is VERY WIDE and tall.

Dave could you mesure the motor for us? and why would the transmission tunnel need to be cut? last time i checked motors dont go in the transmission tunnel ;-)

I still want to know some real sorce to how peewee thinks the mk3 chassis is weak.

well looking at my 1uz in my supra i could fit a little bit larger engine in there, by about 2 inches on each side, and if he where to make headers he can 'create' more room, and how much wider is the A80 vs the A70?
The A80's engine bay has a lot more room. The chassis rails and suspension toweres are probably up to 6" further apart.

and from what your saying, the A70 isnt worthy of this motor becouse you are biased baised on what cars you are used to seeing big power in then?
Age shouldnt have anything to do with it, both cars overlaped in age, considering there where 93 mkiii supras and 93 mkiv's from this statement i gather a 98 camaro isnt worthy of a 1000hp motor, or how about a 66mustang? or how about a 57 chevi? oh no wait how about a model T,

all these cars are much much older then the mkiii and have been setup with much more power then is proposed here. hell there is a 1000hp mkiii that is local to me, twice the power the OP is proposing, I dont see an issue with it.
Nothing to do with power at all.
Its just a personal thing. I don't see the point in putting a $10,000 engine into a $2,000 car thats all.