4WD Lexus?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I am in the process of installing a Chevy TH400 into my SC400. From that prospective, its is also possible to get TH400 in 4WD version. I wonder if anyone have any thought on this. Lots of engineering of course, but the transmission enable this option.

Assuming you would use more of the GM drivetrain for 4WD, where would you put the front diff? And the front (solid) axle? I would look at what JDM had in terms of a AWD GS400/GS430 if I were temped to use AWD.

There a lot of different transfer cases that will bolt up to the TH series of transmissions.

This does open up a list of possibilities in using the engine in a range of 4x4's without major engineering to the drivetrain.

Rod that is a good point. For cars forget it. Too much problems. However, for a 4x4 type of automobile would open up possibilies.

Hi David, Perhaps what you really need is one of these, not easy to find though. Ohh how i wish i could find a set of those front hubs.

Regards
Lambo

Yep that's exactly what I'm after... at the moment the only thing that's looking like it'd be a go is the new Holden 4x4 V8 thing they made(after Manual 6spd)

details please

my project is a 3000GT that needs an engine that isn't god damn east west leaving no room for a bullet proof gearbox and going either front or rear wheel drive is a waste of burnt rubber on the tarmac as you attempt to launch

Attachments

• UZA 70 Front.JPG
    UZA 70 Front.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 11
  • GA70 Engine.JPG
    GA70 Engine.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Conversion Plates.JPG
    Conversion Plates.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 9
anyway ignoring what you actually bolt your engine and drivetrain into there are very few manufacturers that seem to be interested in making a manual gearbox that can withstand the torque this engine would make especially with it cuddling some 3071R's..

so far Subaru appears closest in the way of cheap stuff anyone know of any other box's that meet the requirements?