400Z vs E55 AMG

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

400ZED

pulled up alongside this thing near new beautiful in silver E55 AMG merc, old guy driving of cource who els can afford it. and he gave it a stab.
followed along for bout ten minuites he wasn't keen for a run off the lights, but he did give it a good quick run from 50- 80 when the road opened up. that thing is quick not a well started race couldn't say who won ( i doubt it would have been me)
he pulled up along side and had a chat. then i ran pulled up behind him at the servo, had a chat for a while real genuine down to earth guy, offered me a carwash as he owned the one next door. ( not all rich old guys are stuborn and borrring)
what i wouldn't give to race him off the lights; though as it was it made my day.
yeh i have raced faster things but not everyone has taunted $250 000 worth of merc into a squirt

Stirling,

An E55 has 447 flywheel horsepower. Turns 0-100 in 5 and a bit seconds. truly fast stuff.

Rumour has it Benz are going to drop the Eaton supercharger out of it and go turbos. I'll believe it when I see it.

A mate has an E55 and it is is so docile until you stomp on it, then it turns into a very civilised monster. Due to it's traction control it won't wheelspin until 40kmh at which point everything gets very exiting as the back end lights up and it proceeds to drive down the street sideways.

Get him to bring it to the cruize on the 6/12 it ain't a lexus but sweet by anyone's standards.
i didn't really think i had what it took to teach him a lesson and 474HP saws i am probably right.

Yes it has heaps of grunt but at least you know you could probably build 10 of your cars for the price of his. And I know who is having more fun. You.

THose e55's AMG's are no joke, my friends older brother owns one and I have driven in it.....Let's just say it's smoothe rude acceleration....Not many Lexus's are going to beat that car in a street race... Also they are rated at 500hp from what I remember...Very nice, fast and expensive ride.....

I am frightened to race that beast....

Zuffen said:
Stirling,

Rumour has it Benz are going to drop the Eaton supercharger out of it and go turbos. I'll believe it when I see it.
the AMG V-12 is already turboed. as also in the maybach. They understood that superchargers are history with today's turbo setups.

and the turbos doesn't give the anoying sound of a supercharger. I'd like to go for a eaton unit on my SC, but i'm scared about the sound. it's fun for the first 2 weeks but it must be anoying someday. Twin turbo is too complicated and costs too much. Vortech is the way to go but it seems to have a spool-up lag.

Rotrex seems to be the best option, same lag as vortech but less power sucked from the engine and no anoying noise. Look at the maybach specs, it's a torque monster, truly.

I had a squirt against one of those merc's (thats got couple upgrades)the other night, about 20klm rolling start side by side first & second gear then backed off.
The merc's blower doesn't really whine, definatly not like mine.
I actually think the blower whine is addictive i keep boosting mine just to hear it

Wow, this thread is older then my SC4....Just kidding...Those E55 are fast at 500hp and geared to perfection....Your lucky you backed off, you may have gotten used and used bad.....

That is funny because I was out enjoying my ride last night, new header install, new nos bottle, and a new SLK500 non AMG pulls up to me at a red on my way home.... I wasn't sure if he wanted to go at it, but he or she did...Light is green and were off, I slowely over took him because I was coming from behind, wasn't sure we were racing, and I got a little bog at launch from the header install...(need to tune).... Anyway, All those newer 500 mercedes are almost as fast as the AMG's...That 500slk Merc flew, but my SC flew faster... I got some improved topend juice now which is just wonderful...Love the Headers.......

He backed of first i think i really surprized him, i know the guy but haven't spoke to him since.
I've actually fitted bigger injectors since then & had it retuned, it's going better now.