4000GT - MKIV Supra 1UZ turbo - update

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hey Justen,

Will be ceramic coated and have some DEI header wrap to go on too... Will be stealth and keep the heat in the pipes and out of the bay.

Its an HKS turbo, same frame as the T51R, but is the model before they brought it out... so HKS turbine housing (0.90) but Garrett cover. Its called a T45.

n640914967_1061538_1730.jpg

im running a tilton 7.25" triple converted to a twin rally plate setup, and its awesome. can you get the thicker twin plates for the QM?

I am running the QM rally disks as well... I had a triple tilton in sintered but thought for the street it might be too much. That was a mistake. I will change to the tilton disks (as they are all interchangable with QM) next time I have the gearbox off. Or I could have the existing plates modded with more ceramic material I guess.

Great project! These construction pipes will outlast the engine. They're a bit heavy so you may have at least 2 brackets on each side to brace the system. The turbo turbine housing looks very similar to mine with 4 bolts for the outlet. I'm not seeing where you put the fans. I'm running a dual 14" fans with each has 1500 CFM and they're marginal on keeping down the heat if I keep boosting.

Hey steve get some water wetter... tried it after some doubt but im guessing 10-20 degree cooler. Company claims 30 but 20 for sure because my coolant gets colder at high rpm... better flow and less boiling. Raises boiling temps so that bubbles do not from inside engine and more coolant is used. I would expect even more temp drops for a turbo, being right there and all.

Im running twin electric fans placed in front of the radiator. Basically knew I wouldnt have good space with them on the engine bay side, and given they are plastic... thought other side would be good.

Yup the bracing is something left to do... will wait till its all mocked up to see what options are best.