4.7L Newb question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Lol...im not looking for anything insane or crazy HP. I'm in need of a new block regardless of how much hp I make. If I make more awesome. So now I hope you see where I'm coming from with the 2uz block questions.

I just need a 2uz block, some 1uz rods, and machine some pistons from what I've read recently. I just wanted the most info. Possible to do this setup successfully and quickly.

Does anyone have a mil spec/amount that needs to be removed from a 2uz piston?
Thanks,
Joel
If your changing the block, your not just put .040 shorter rods in the motor?....
Problem fixed
Less compression... Choose a stronger rod for the forced induction u where going to do later..

If your changing the block, your not just put .040 shorter rods in the motor?....
Problem fixed

I didn't understand this at all.......:confused:.

Less compression... Choose a stronger rod for the forced induction u where going to do later..

I believe the stock 1uz rods can handle 500HP, right?? not that I ever plan on making that much HP. 350-450 FI (Supercharged) is good enough for me.

I believe the stock 1uz rods can handle 500HP, right?? not that I ever plan on making that much HP. 350-450 FI (Supercharged) is good enough for me.

You are buying a block and 1uz rods?
1uz rods are 5.741 inches long..

Get a steel rod 5.700 inches long.. U gain .040 more clearance, and get away from that silly idea of grinding the piston.

But, why not actually see if it's required first ?
Go measure the piston to valve clearance.
Other wise you never know what the actual details are.

Even if you went the sand piston method, how much are you guna take of it? And how are you going to get them all the same?

Are you going to get cams for this engine?
If soo, you can order them with advance or retard ground into the lobe. This changes how the piston 'chases and gets chased' by intake and exhaust valves.

Just things to think about

Can I rejuvinate this......? I have the same noobish questions.

Is spf still around? I tried to pm him, and his pm is set to off.

My personal engine build is going far from as planned lol, so now I'm interested in alternative builds. I have a 98 gs4 and would like to go with the 4.7 block. Change rods to 1uz, and have the oem pistons machined.

Is upgrading or swapping the 4-6 bolt a wise needed move?

Where can I have the pistons machined to make this setup (4.7 block 1uzfe vvti heads) work, an cost?

I plan to supercharge the engine in the future, what's a safe time frame on this low comp hybrid to be ran until I get it charged?

As for headwork what should I do, I have a set of road/street cams in the making, thoughts on valves, porting, valvetrain? If I missed anything please school me in the ways of the wise. Honestly!!!!

I greatly appreciate the answers forehand,
Joel

All these questions can be answered via the search button in here...

You are buying a block and 1uz rods?
1uz rods are 5.741 inches long..

Get a steel rod 5.700 inches long.. U gain .040 more clearance, and get away from that silly idea of grinding the piston.

But, why not actually see if it's required first ?
Go measure the piston to valve clearance.
Other wise you never know what the actual details are.

Even if you went the sand piston method, how much are you guna take of it? And how are you going to get them all the same?

Are you going to get cams for this engine?
If soo, you can order them with advance or retard ground into the lobe. This changes how the piston 'chases and gets chased' by intake and exhaust valves.

Just things to think about

I'm not buying 1uz rods, I have some. The 4.7 hybrid has been done few times before and all reports say milling is need for 2uz block w/ 1uz vvti heads. I still plan on getting the measurements or clearances. I just wanted to know if there was a spec people were using.

Yes I already have some cams already complete. Awaiting, delivery.I hope to have some specs on it soon. I didnt know all of that info but mine have just been hard welded anyway.

The amount needed to be removed is .06mm. I will be doing the same....4,7 block with 1uz rods and machined pistons however I am only aiming for 450hp (crank). Shold be fine based off some gs400 members getting 375whp numbers on boost with skinny rods and high compression.This will put you at approx 8:8 to 1 compression.

For bigger boost though you will def needed forged pistons (and standalone, and forged rods, and reinforced transmission, and blah blah blah)

Make sure you are getting VVTi 4.7 2uzfe short block to match your vvti heads......I have nonvvti so I am curious the hp difference before boost with a 4.7 vvti model....