3UZ-FE Noobie Wiring Help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

AndreasMet

So I installed a JDM motor and kept the accompanying ECU and harness.

Motor did not start and I sent it to a local shop to see if they can fix it. if they want to charge a reasonable amount then fine. If they try to rob me then the motor comes back, I will put the old harness and old ecu on and hope that helps.

So I'm working plan (a) right now, plan (b) is old harness and old ecu.

Plan (c) is me doing any wiring work myself.

I have a copy of Nigel Wade's "How to Wire Up a 1uz-fe." Thnaks Nigel for making this available.

Can someone please provide some tips as to what types of tools I will need, and some other advice on how to do wiring projects. I'm in over my head on this, but with enough time and effort can probably figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

You installed JDM 3uz in place of what?
5 or 6 spd a/t?
Did JDM ECU come with all the accompanying security system items needed?

I'm doing a late 3uz loom at moment with smart key so I'm pissing it all off
And just buying an early immobiliser unit and programming a chip to it

Smart key is very easy to do once you have completed at least one car
One bypass module replaces all the immo stuff and is easily mounted inside ECU case

its missing the immob ecu
the immob ecu for smart key is bigger
so im just going to buy a non smart and program it
just need to save up for my Toyota flashing cable so I can reset Toyota immob ecus

With some skills, there's no need for any ECU other than engine ECU. So the money can be saved on buying used immobilizer stuff like ecus, antennas, chips.

I make immo bypass devices that connect right to engine ECU. For both smart and non-smart 3UZ variants, 5 or 6spd.
LS430, smart system, 6a/t: https://f-a.d-cd.net/82a58d4s-960.jpg
LS430, non-smart, 5a/t: https://f-a.d-cd.net/e4126acs-960.jpg

Last edited:
hey George
this ecu has an early part number
maybe its not a smart model
its just got a plastic key no blade so maybe it just has
electric steering lock

I just compared this ecu to your pics and its an early one
looks just like the 1uz vvti and im pretty sure when I looked at key
it was a 4c transponder so ill try my 1uz vvti bypass module on it

I guess yours is off GS430.
Early GS430 ECU does look like any ECU for 1uz-fe vvti . And GS430 does run the same system as one used in 1uz-fe: amp connects right to ECU. Transponder is 4C

yer I think it is
has a huge ugly ignition key
funny looking
ill try sort it out once I finish these 5 gm 6lt looms

hey George can u bypass the immob in this gs430 ecu if I send you the ecu
by the time I buy another immob ecu from ebay and program it
its easier to send to you
this ecu is different to the 1uz vvti as it has external immob ecu so I cant use my 1uz vvti
bypass module on it as the immob wire go thru the imo and imi wires
thanks

I can disable immo in a GS430 if it runs 6-speed auto (new model). Can you post ECU part number here?
I can also bypass immo in any SC430/LS430.

However I haven't yet seen a 5-spd (old) GS430 which would run imo/imi wires. The only "old" GS430 I know runs the same system as found in any 1uz-fe vvti (no imo/imi wires, so your bypass module will work with it). My catalog says that GS430 ran 1uz-style security system up to 2005. So I'm a bit lost guessing what ECU you actually have. Again, just post here the number from the sticker

Last edited:
hey George the ecu part number is 89661-50590

it looks same as one in your non smart pic
but don't know why it has an external immob ecu
the wiring from usa model matches close to this but it has a big chunky ignition switch
and plastic key with no metal part of the key
going by diagrams it says its a smart key but inside looks just like your non smart

the -50590 is exactly a Celsior (UCF30), it's jdm version of LS400 (so it has the 180kph limit)
I got already modified units or I can modify yours
pricing is in my thread in trade section

it has no smart key, it rather usess external immo computer which connects to amplifier

George , I'm Bob I have a 2002 Celsior and need a wiring diagram and have the same # , what do I do about the immobilizer/ get around it ? It has a 5 speed auto

Attachments

• Resized_20200422_134752.jpeg
    Resized_20200422_134752.jpeg
    481.7 KB · Views: 10
This is the 1uzfe I did 4 years ago( painted intake and covers), 2 weeks ago I blew up the trans, need to fab a deep pan for this one. I used 2003 4runner 4.7 exh manifolds for clearance for steering shaft , oil filter housing from that rig gave me more clearence for the filter, marlin crawler t-case input, inchworm adapter, I wired in a speedo from 94 4runner and got rid of the squeling speedo.

Attachments

• IMG_20150920_211922_626.jpg
    IMG_20150920_211922_626.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20150925_212537_245(1).jpg
    IMG_20150925_212537_245(1).jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20150919_131840_072.jpg
    IMG_20150919_131840_072.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 4
Techinfo.toyota.com for official wiring diagrams

If you have a complete immobilizer system, just wire it properly

Otherwise you can buy ready to go ecu from me or send yours. I offer immobilizer delete, sub o2 delete, remap, conversion to m/t and so on

All4swap.ru/product/remap