3URFE Engine Exposed

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Lex,
Whats up with the 3ur? When are we going to see some parts for this engine? I am thinking about cams for mine. Have you looked into hardwelds and regrinds to see what may be gained? Also and I am looking to raise my rev limitor as well. Tax returns will be arriving in a few months and this is the time.
Let me know.
Adam.

Lex,
Have any idea how much could be gained? Would the new profiles effect the ecu or the vvt? How do the heads look in the intake and exhaust ports as far as making more power? What does the 3ur need to make 450+ hp naturally? thanks.

I have jba shorties and a volant cai. I am thinking about going with the doug thorley LT headers and removing all 4 cats. I also will be installed a LM2 to keep track and to help adjust the fat 10 to 1 afr at full throttle.
If you dont think the cams would be worth it I will avoid them. Could 50 hp be gained by changing the cams? I would like more hp over 4000 rps and to carry to 5800. could this be done without hurting the torque curve?

lex,
you have personally seen the interals of the 3ur, how far can this engine be pushed as far as rpms without it coming apart? Im not talking over a extended time but like for 10 to 15 seconds the time it takes to make a 310 ft pull? Taking into account the truck will be pulling a 30,000+ lbs sled that progressively pulls harder? I am needing more speed and no gears are available. I need to turn around 6700 to 7000 to get between 18-19 mph in first gear. I feel that the power will fall off in these higher rpms meaning when the drag starts to pull harder the rps will fall some which has to be taken into account. reason I ask is that andy from modern horse power is saying on tundra solutions that he has the software to rewrite my ecu and tcu. Are you familiar with MHP?

open deck design will make it hard to keep everything together that high but there's a block guard under R & D. Cams would be another hurtle, but im sure it could e done.

spf,
so the answer is it wont stay together because of the open deck design?

what would be the hurdle with the cams? will they break?

will the valves start to float at that high of rpm enough to worry about contacting the piston?

I would think that dual overhead cam engine such as the 3ur should be able to handle 6800 rpms over short periods far better than a traditional push rod engine could.

thanks.
Adam

Open deck designs are not a bad thing, it's just that they have less material attaching top of sleeve to the block. W/O cams I see no reason to raise redline, your power will fall off as you pass redline anyway. I would say your goals with cams should be able to handle 6800-7000 short easy. As for valve float, we would need the oem spring stiffness to be able to answer that but since 1uz springs are pretty soft and handle 7k (short run), I would say odds are in your favor. Another issue to think about would be ypur HP goal and how strong those new 3ur rods are. i know they are VERY long and raising hp and redline will put more stress on them. I believe Lextreme has rods already made, I would ask him, he has torn one of these down already and has a much better feel for this engine than most.

I have not spent time looking for UR parts but cams would solve a lot of these issues.

spf,
thanks for all the info. I have talked to both lex and *** about cams. I have not got any prices or time frames yet. Hopefully lex can give us some info on the valve spring tension.

Lex,

if you still have those 2 3UR's can you get me some dimensions of the engine? maybe vertical distance from mounts to top of intake, from mounts to bottom of pan. Horizontal distance from fan to flywheel, and maybe width at mounts and widest part at heads.

thanks alot, man

edit- if you could give me a measurement on the width at the exhaust manifolds, and their vertical distance from the mounts id much apprciate that too.

thats fine. I have a buddy with a new tundra, ill go poke around in there, take some pictures, and get some measurements. Ill post them when I do it.

thanks anyway

Just read the entire thread and it has tons of great pics and info... I have a 2007 Tundra with the 5.7. It is curently SC'd with the TRD SC. Call me crazy, but I still want more power. I saw on here that there is a work in progress for better/forged internals??? Is this true? Any completion dates? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I just saw the 6.0L stroker in person... so I know it's coming along. I don't know any details for the most part except that it uses custom pistons/pins and thicker rods as the stroker takes the already long rods and lengthens them. Should prove reliable as the bore isn't increased and everything is balanced to suit.

Keep poking at David... It's the squeeky wheel that gets the grease! lol