340i dyno vids

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
there might be a mess in those numbers.

you're doing about 320-330lbs/ft (flywheel) of torque from a 4 liter Non VVT-I motor. even the VVT-I 3UZ is not able to achieve this.

I suspect an over-rated engine from the dyno. If not, man, you've got an amazing motor.

A miracle motor infact.... I would maybe guess 230whp with side exhaust, deletion of MAF, map and tuned...and running just an alternator...Maybe 230rwhp and that would be pushing it.... On an early model 4.0 liter 1uz-fe I would think you would definetely need cams and maybe some head work to achieve that kind of horsepower rating along with all the other goodies...260rwhp would be amazingly sick on that stock motor as is!!! Man, I got to hit the NOS to get up to those numbers on my 1uz-fe and the only difference between the two motors in question is that I have the MAF intake which flows decent, and a high flowing rear exhaust section which flows great with straight thru rear mufflers.. Side exhaust and a MAP intake I don't think would make an additional 45rwhp?...Again, 215rwhp is what i got after a good tune job...However, I do run all the crap off the crank, AC, power steering pump, etc.. Even with the AC pump deletion, and powersteering deletion you may pick up what 5whp or so?....Hmmm...

I am suprised I am the only one that is questioning or inquiring how it is possible to obtain those dyno numbers...Cribby and Jbrady should surely know this...

Also with your MAF deletion you would be pulling in hot engine heat intake air with the filter pod positioned directly above the motor...Right? Not so sure that would completely outperform a BFI MAF intake setup that is drawing in only cold outside air...The MAF intake section is small for intake air to pass but is surely adequate for only N/A use.... Still just very curious...

The dyno machine could be out of whack too...Dyno the car on a freezing day may cause a car to dyno higher, High octane fuel, also maybe it takes less power to rotate the drive train and those rear tires on a 325 BMW compared to a larger SC400 Lexus...That may make up for a few more rwhp numbers...Who knows? That is what I am trying to find out...

The outright figures aren't gospel as there is too much variation in dynos - what matters is the improvement. Do the NZEFI guys have any dyno figures of a stock 1UZ?

Yes you are right dyno numbers arent always totally acurrate, but never out buy huge margins. Jibby the nzefi dyno is a hub dyno so tires have no affect at all. Ill see what the nzefi guys can dig up, btw this this is no the only place that claims these dyno figures.

Just got off the phone with them again, they wont give out some of the dynos because of customer priviliges etc, some of them are on this very forum (fair enough). He said one of them a standard early 1uz powered supra made 238hp atw, also his old flatmates nissan 200sx with a standard early 1uz,logs, but running on ave gas made 258hp atw!

340i, that sounds awesome! Can't go wrong having Andre tune it either :wink1:

Reading your description it sounds like your exhaust is 2 into 1 through a Y pipe with a single exit, it that correct??

He said the 1uz love good gas! so if your tuning your aftemarket ecu make sure you run the highest octane fuel you can get easily. Ill be running on 98octane, as its fairly easy to get here.

well i never thought this would come to so much discussion. if there is someone living in wellington who wants to have a talk to speedtech, that may give us more light on the situation.
it would be interesting to do a power run on a regular rolling road dyno to see how much is lost in turning the wheels, but i doubt it is 30-40hp. that is all i can think of. i highly doubt that speedtech's dyno isnt acurate, as they are quite high profile and work on some very serious cars. (the 7.6 second HKS skyline was there when my car was, and their own Evo is - or was? - the world 4cylinder 4wd drag champion).
do nzefi have a hub or rolling road dyno?

the fuel used on the dyno was mobil 8000, which is actually rated at 97.5 octane, as i couldnt get to a station with 98 on the day of the dyno.

It is interesting to know what could account for the differecne as there aren't any NA 1UZ's in Aus putting out that kind of figure at the wheels. I had 265 degree cams fitted and I pulled 194rwkw at 6500 which is well above any other NA 1UZ over here that I can find as a comparison.

Most NA 1UZ's here are more in the region of 130-160rwkw (170 - 210hp) on Dyno Dynamics dynos.

To me it's just interesting as to what could account for what is quite a large variation. Either way you'll have a fun package when it's all done.

Just got off the phone with them again, they wont give out some of the dynos because of customer priviliges etc

Bet he won't give what correction factors he uses either !!

Probably corrected to 0 deg F,:tapedshut:

Stock early 1UZ with 50mm ITB's, dry sump, 1 7/8 headers, 55 amp alternator only and Motec M800 ECU, corrected to 25 deg C and 29.92" barometer gave 308 BHP @ 6500 and 270 lb/ft at 5000 on engine dyno !!

Change the correction to 0 deg C and you would get around 340 BHP !!!!!

97.5 Octane is much more potent then the normal 91 octane supreme that most run....That would increase the dyno numbers some right there... Still 260rwhp is very remarkable...

Comparing RMS's 1uz.. with the 50mm independant throttle bodies (which is big), dry sump, exhaust, ECU and advance tuning should easily produce more power then 340i's power output...... Now RMS's 308BHP would be what around 250rwhp or so....Still 340'i hit 260rwhp running on 97 octane.. Could the 97 octane gas be the difference? Still very unlikely....

RMS what octane fuel did you use on your 308BHP dyno?