34,22,16,28 ECU pin out needed

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

daniel_johno

Hi Guys

I have ECU pn:89661-50160 which i am trying to wire up to my porsche 944 now I finally have the engine fitted but cannot find a pin out for the type of ECU I have. It is a 34,22,16,28 type.
I have manage to buzz out and find what most the pins on the engines loom are for (the 34,22,16 plugs) but the 4th plug (28pin) is missing.
I have read the 4th plug is not attached to the engine but is needed to power up the ECU so the engine will start.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram/pin out or know which pins i need to apply power to?

Any help would be much appreciated! I cant wait to hear the V8 fire into life :)

Thanks

Daniel

28 & 34 socket pin-outs here....

http://www.lextreme.com/PDF/96ls41.pdf (1996 LS400)

Pins: 9 & 24 need ignition 12v. (black/orange)
pin: 14 needs constant 12v for the ECU memory. (black/yellow)
It depends what year your ECU is as there are different 28 pin socket pin-outs. Check the 34 pin socket next to yours to see if the wire colour/positions match.

Other two socket pin-outs here...(1996 LS400)

http://www.lextreme.com/PDF/96ls44.pdf

Thanks for the info Bushwhacker.

The 34 pin loom on the diagram looks different to my loom as 2 of my injectors share one ecu pin where as in the diagram each injector has a ecu pin. I think to be on the safe side and to make sure I dont fry my ECU I will need to buy a 28 pin plug to find which pins i need to power.

Thanks

Daniel

if u don't have the 4th plug and want to go by wire colours
then make sure u get the correct plug of the same car the motor
and loom came out off
I've got 3 or 4 of those plugs and they all have different wiring
colours and pin configurations

You require a UFC10/11 wiring diagram with the paired injectors. UCF20/21 have the eight injector outputs. Both ecus have the same pins but several key outputs are in different positions. Cheers

Send him a PM and ask.

Much quicker as the Forum isn't all that active.

Don't panic I found the post...

What's the part number on your ECU? 89661-*****

There's a few different ones but I've got hand written ones for UCF21 Celsior and UZS157 Crown (non VVTi) that I decoded from halfcuts for Hilux/Surf conversions. To find the fuel pump relay wire the 1996 LS400 diagram available on this forum is helpful. I just use a 4 pin normally open relay here and remember that the earth wire on the relay connects to the ECU lest you be left wondering why nothing happens.

Also while doing your wiring if you plan to use the OEM ECU long term its a wise idea to open it up and replace all the capacitors inside. just did mine as the 'Minister of War and Finance" won't allow me to splurge on a nice aftermarket unit atm.

And yes the forums are a tad quiet now yet still a very handy resource for people like us. Social media has taken over from the "Classic ol forum" as most people now want a "real time" answer to a question with quite a few 1UZ groups but you'll find a lot of the time people get referred here to find the answer that they're looking for

Hey Samsdad.
I am absent from social media so the forums are all I have.

as the originator of the thread had, so have I
A 89661-50160 pin config 34 22 16 28

this particular ECU comes with a fuel pump ECU if thats any help isolating its diagram.

I will have a gander inside as this car has sat around for a little while and thats generally a good indication the caps are gonna give problems, i must say its not my favourite job when the caps have leaked everywhere and made a mess of the PCB.

your assistance is muchly appreciated good sir.
a megasquirt would be a good bang for buck after-market ECU, Ive put plenty on 1UZ's to good effect.. let me know if you help if you decide to go that route, if you can replace bung caps you can build a megasquirt.

Hi Guys

I have ECU pn:89661-50160 which i am trying to wire up to my porsche 944 now I finally have the engine fitted but cannot find a pin out for the type of ECU I have. It is a 34,22,16,28 type.
I have manage to buzz out and find what most the pins on the engines loom are for (the 34,22,16 plugs) but the 4th plug (28pin) is missing.
I have read the 4th plug is not attached to the engine but is needed to power up the ECU so the engine will start.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram/pin out or know which pins i need to apply power to?

Any help would be much appreciated! I cant wait to hear the V8 fire into life :)

Thanks

Daniel
and loom came out off
and loom came out off
View attachment 14060View attachment 14060
View attachment 14060
Hi Guys

Thanks

Daniel
[/QUOView attachment 14060View attachment 14061TE]
View attachment 14060View attachment 14061
28 & 34 socket pin-outs here....

http://www.lextreme.com/PDF/96ls41.pdf (1996 LS400)

Pins: 9 & 24 need ignition 12v. (black/orange)
pin: 14 needs constant 12v for the ECU memory. (black/yellow)
It depends what year your ECU is as there are different 28 pin socket pin-outs. Check the 34 pin socket next to yours to see if the wire colour/positions match.

Other two socket pin-outs here...(1996 LS400)

http://www.lextreme.com/PDF/96ls44.pdf