2uz to R151 swap, need clutch

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redsautorehab

I am working on getting ready to do a 2uz swap into a 1990 4runner, and sourced the bellhousing, and flywheel from akina motorsports in Tempe, AZ. The flywheel is the one supplied without the ring gear. it looks like the one available in NZ, and Australia. Akina motorsports is selling a clutch kit with a Toyota pressure plate, so it's a factory setup, just not sure for what. They want to sell me the one they have, but it's $425, and I am cheap. The space for the pressure plate measures 10.5", and the dowel pins are evenly spaced between the bolt holes, where most Toyotas have the dowel next to one of the bolts. The clutch kit for the 4.0l engine looks right, but the disk is .25" too big, and the pressure plate is too big as well.

Flywheel: http://www.akinamotorsportz.com/1jz-2jz-w58-bell-housing/1uz-flywheel
Clutch kit: http://www.akinamotorsportz.com/1jz-2jz-w58-bell-housing/1uz-replacement-clutch-kit

Anybody have any clue what clutch this uses?

It looks like it might be the 1kz-te clutch. the surface for the clutch disk is just shy of 270mm, so I am assuming that it's a 260mm clutch, which was never available here in the US. The bolt circle on my flywheel is 295mm. Can someone please check to see if the 1kz-te pressure plate has the same bolt circle?

3SGTE clutch!! That would be a MR2 turbo motor. lots of stage 2 clutch options available and is an exact fit.

My transmission came out of a buggy and the clutch was toast from mud. I just ordered a replacement on ebay.

3SGTE clutch!! That would be a MR2 turbo motor. lots of stage 2 clutch options available and is an exact fit.

My transmission came out of a buggy and the clutch was toast from mud. I just ordered a replacement on ebay.
The 3sgte clutch has the dowel pin right next to the pressure plate bolt, where this flywheel has it evenly spaced between the bolts.

Since there are no Toyota vehicles in the usa with a 260mm clutch, according to the Exedy catalog, I think I am just going to bite teh bullet, and get the one from Akina Motorsports.

I am told a Nissan Sklyline clutch will also work. I have one here anf the pressure plate is the same size as mine and bolts to the flywheel I have. Dowels are in a different place but it had hole to clear mine but not tight enough for my liking and will put too much force on the bolts.

I am planning to use this pressure plate as I am told it has a much stronger spring then the stock. Will drill some new dowel holes in the flywheel so they line up with with the proper holes in the cover. Will buy a stage 2 Disc designed for a 3SGTE as mentioned

I finally got an answer to what clutch fits this flywheel, according to a vendor in Thailand. It takes the clutch from the 1kd-ftv diesel. I can't find any here in the usa, so I am going to have to get the one from Akina motorsports, because it's the best option at this point.

For anyone interested, I used the 2006 and newer 260mm 1kd-ftv clutch. In order to use the factory clutch fork form the 1990 4runner, I had to remove about 35mm from the bellhousing, where the slave cylinder mounts. I got it running, and this thing is fun.

Yeh sorry...stupid question. I guess I've got to much maple syrup running through my veins these days and it mades me kinda slow!

I was referencing a list of engine codes here at work and it simply was not on the list or anything remotey close. I jumped the gun a little. Its normally a pretty comprehensive list as its published by TMC.

After I did go to google I realized it its one of very few engines that only exists in half the world for Toyota. There is not a single vehicle model in the history of Toyota that was imported anywhere in the Americas with that engine code. Its a ghost to us here!