2uz to 1urfe, gen 2

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Craiglancs

Guys in my other post I put that I blew my 2 2uzfe vvti engine in my gen 2 tundra in the floods in the UK,, question is,, I'm struggling to get an engine with the corona thing on,, how easy would it be to put a 4.6 in instead,, I'm I hoping to much that it would be plug and play, I've almost got the 2uz out now,, and I seen a 4.6 from Japan says £3000 delivered to me in uk in 7 days,,,,, apparently

Craig, the UR's are huge compared to the UZ's, probably due to the chain drives on the cams vs the single toothed belt on the UZ. If your UZ installation was tight, my guess is that the UR will not fit. Haven't heard/read of anyone actually doing one, however.

First of all, ecu will need getting immobilizer off so it would start at all, and stripping unnecessary emissions things. If you won't use factory 1ur transmission, that would be another major problem for you (loss of torque due to a/t limp mode)

Also, you will struggle to get instrument panel working. Mechanically, it's going to be much less of a problem, 1ur has been put into tighter engine bays

What you think can be definitely done properly, but nowhere near your budget

Ok guys cheers,, I've just got through another 2uz instead just for a straight swap,, putting a new timing belt and water pump on probably tomorrow, then need to get the old engine block out of the bay,, already took the cylinder heads off,, then drop new engine in. Any tips? I think I'm gonna need to take my engine wiring loom out of my bay and put it on the new engine as mines an rwd tundra and the engine is from a 4wd. Will i manage to get the engine separated from the gearbox so I don't have to take it all out?

To separate engine and trans you need to remove the plate under the engine (between the ears supporting the bottom of the bellhousing) and by rotating the engine remove all the torque converter securing bolts. From memory 6 of them.

Once they are undone remove the bellhousing/block bolts and the engine can slide off the trans, ot the trans off the engine.

I would remove the engine and trans as a unit and split them on the floor.

I would agree with Zuffen ^^^ I would pull both Trans and engine as a unit and separate them on the floor instead of struggling with the hoist, limited room and the engine refusing to line up with the transmission...