2UZ plastic intake successfully installed on GS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

eicca

So my ACIS solenoid died, and the intake manifold had to come off... So I figured, why not buy the plastic 2UZ intake from badblackgs and see what happens when I install it? From his experiments with it, he noticed a decent increase in torque. Plus the plastic keeps the air temperature down and is way lighter to lift off the engine when doing the starter. He sold it to me with a full set of fresh injectors, which was (initially) more cost-effective than having my injectors cleaned and balanced. The injectors from the 2UZ up to 2002 are plug and play in the GS400 harness and fit the 05+ intake manifold perfectly.

In order to keep the surgery minimally invasive, I tried my hand at making an adaptor to bolt the throttle body on to the intake using some eBay aluminum plates and some bolts from Ace Hardware. The cost started climbing from there, since I needed a 3-inch hole saw to cut the throttle body bore, and the metric bolts were pricey.

The adaptor worked though, so I test fitted everything. I planned on just using the 2UZ fuel rail, but the GS400 fuel line has the part that goes across the manifold integrated into the feed line. So I had to use the driver's side rail from the 2UZ, plug the hole at the other end, and use the passenger side rail from the GS400.

At this point, the two mistakes I made were not putting new upper seals on the fuel injectors and stretching the smaller of the two coolant lines to the TB because the whole TB was moved forward. The injectors leaked gas everywhere the next morning when I tried to go to work, and the coolant line popped later that night after I replaced the injector seals. #rookiemistakes

At this point though, everything is fine. The manifold bolted right to the engine, the vacuum lines all hooked up, and I was able to adapt the bracket for the throttle cable, even though the 2UZ manifold doesn't have a place to mount a throttle cable because the 03 and up are all 100% drive by wire. I relocated the vacuum canister and solenoid for the ACIS so I could access them without removing the manifold. Also installed a new solenoid, and the ACIS is working properly.

How does it drive? It definitely pulls harder through the mid RPMs, and the top end feels like it breathes easier. This car really moves.

I haven't had much time to really get familiar with it, but so far I'm thinking it's not a big enough gain to justify the pain of the install. Fabbing the adaptor took a lot of time, and as always when taking stuff apart there's the risk of breaking other stuff. At the very least, I know all those parts are fresh and working properly now.

I made a video of the process:

This has to be the best street car upgrade. More power, less weight, no downside. The aluminum intake is so heavy. I’ll bet the high rpm power is largely because of the cooler intake charge.

I’ll throw in a little update after some highway driving yesterday: I seem to be lighter on the throttle to maintain the same cruising speed.

I’ll have to do a long-term MPG test.

This is really interesting to know, what is your thought about using it on a 2003 3UZ which using an electronic throttTh body and gas pedal

It would be about the same process, just a little easier not having to mount a throttle cable.

Hi
Why did you used the 2UZ injectors.
I am putting it on my 3UZ which has an electronic throttle. And I wanted to use the 3UZ injectors and Fuel pipes would that work

You will have to combine fuel rail pipes so keep both sets. The 3UZ injectors are shaped differently than the 2UZ injectors and won’t fit in the 2UZ manifold.

UPDATE!!

Turns out the vacuum hose I used on the PCV when doing the swap was not rated for oil and it basically melted. So since this was installed I've had a decently fat vacuum leak that I didn't know about until just a few days ago when I hooked up my scan tool.

So I replaced that hose and that fixed a number of issues...

Then tonight I goosed it to get through a yellow light and HOLY FRIJOLES I've never felt that car move so fast. Not even half throttle and the VSC almost had to step in. Now I truly feel like it was worth the time and money. That was the first time that car has ever really got me thinking "oh that's exciting!"

UPDATE!!

Turns out the vacuum hose I used on the PCV when doing the swap was not rated for oil and it basically melted. So since this was installed I've had a decently fat vacuum leak that I didn't know about until just a few days ago when I hooked up my scan tool.

So I replaced that hose and that fixed a number of issues...

Then tonight I goosed it to get through a yellow light and HOLY FRIJOLES I've never felt that car move so fast. Not even half throttle and the VSC almost had to step in. Now I truly feel like it was worth the time and money. That was the first time that car has ever really got me thinking "oh that's exciting!"
This is really nice to know.
What does PCV stand for is it for environmental Stuff I want to delete all the environment stuff

This is really nice to know.
What does PCV stand for is it for environmental Stuff I want to delete all the environment stuff

PCV is Positive Crank Ventilation. It's easier to just leave it as is and make sure it's not leaking.

If i were to do this what parts would i need? 2uzfe plastic manifold and a set of injectors from a 2uzfe? This is all on my 1uzfe vvti 1998 ls400

I finally found a the time to work full-time on my car for the past 3 weeks Thanks to the well-known Lockdown ☺, and it started but not running fine.
I suspect my fuel pump but at the same time I smell a lot of fuel because.
1. I didn't installed the O2 sensors
2. I used a 4 Bar fuel filter with internal Fuel Pressure regulator maybe to high pressure.
And I didn't used the Acis vacuum canister under the intake manifold.
I am just using it with the Acis unit at the back

I have a 2007 GX-470 and my truck I drive at work is a 2005 Tundra that has the black intake. Would it be a direct swap since both of these are 2UZ motors?