The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

PinelochTundra

Hey guys so I'm thinking of supercharging my 2uz in my 03 tundra for shits and gigs. Of coarse we all know the 2uz has those weak toothpick rods. I'm not trying to make it a track car but definitely wanna be the talk on the street. So here's my plan. I'm thinking of buying 1uz (early gen.) rods due to me not needing forged in my case, I'm only looking for 400-450hp, maybe more later :D. I have a friend who has a Lightning and has a Kenne Bell laying around just waiting to be put on. He said he would sell me his M112(I've heard the Lightning ones are called MP 112 due to the plenum entrance location) for $200(30,000mi) although it does have a top mount plenum entrance which wouldn't be a problem because all the space under the hood(remember tundra) and he also mentioned he would sell the plenum for an additional $150 and its already port and polished. My hardest thing would be to fabricate a custom intake manifold like the 1uz guys do, with a built in water/air intercooler all to fit the M112. I know there are pre-made manifolds out there already but I don't really want to pay like 1k+ for a hunk of metal. I also wanted to ask about the pistons on the 2uz. Are these good for less than 500hp or would I HAVE to upgrade. If they just can't take that kind of abuse versus they stand a chance is the difference between changing them or not for me. I will also be running Lextreme stage 2 cams with this setup. Has anyone else done this before and any help/advice would be fantastic! My friend has mentioned why not just procharge it. I told him I'm getting a M112 for $200 versus a procharger which is far from that... Please any links, advice, help, or comments would be awesome. Thanks!!! :)

Please!

enter_key.jpg

Use it to make your post easier to read, a few minutes extra to tidy a post up makes a big difference!

It does not have to be perfect, Hell I obviously failed English at school, but no line breaks makes reading it painful!

Good luck with the M112 Project, I am undertaking one too with my 96+ 1UZ with the weak rods.

things I have found you need to look out for:

Blower manifolds need to locate the blower pulley in line with the crank pulley almost exactly in 3 planes or you will for ever be chasing belt throw off issues.

be aware of parts that are adapted to suit our motors, I hear many horror stories of people selling parts that are not quite right, even though they say they are for 1UZ / 2UZ.

I'm not sure the 1UZ and 2UZ rods having same the lengths and widths to be interchangeable, but if they're, then you can use them for cheap. About the pistons, you can use the stock 2UZ pistons, but you should use thick Cometic MLS head gaskets to lower the compression along with ARP head studs. That'll allow you to high boost. Check on the product section of Lextreme and find out what are the options. I believe you can contact Lextreme himself to purchase them.

I'm looking to do. A build on my 2000 tundra. I'm gona go with rods. But I'm not sure if I wona get pistons to or not. I'm looking for around 450wheel. Maby mor later.

The machining and labour is the most expensive!!
Imo go for forged rods and pistons and be done with it ..
After a good balance which you would want to do any way..
The extra $1200 or so will be forgot-en and you'll have a solid 800+h.p assembly..
Don't bore cylinders unless you really have to...
Usually a good hone to bring bore up to spec is o/k plus extra clearance won't hurt..
Build another engine so there's hardly any down time...
Edit.. The 2UZ may have thicker cylinder walls over alloy blocks...

Last edited:
I guess untill I figure out what direction I wona go. Once I get the rods and everything, I may just up my shot. From 100 to 175ish. Between the cleaning of a 180k motor and a good tune, ontop of the 75 hp jump. Ishould be around 450wheel any ways

The machining and labour is the most expensive!!
Imo go for forged rods and pistons and be done with it ..
After a good balance which you would want to do any way..
The extra $1200 or so will be forgot-en and you'll have a solid 800+h.p assembly..
Don't bore cylinders unless you really have to...
Usually a good hone to bring bore up to spec is o/k plus extra clearance won't hurt..
Build another engine so there's hardly any down time...
Edit.. The 2UZ may have thicker cylinder walls over alloy blocks...

2uz has thinner iron liner wall.....due to larger bore