2UR-GSE into MKIV Supra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bondango

Hi all,
Looking at bit of tech info if possible. We are currently installing a 2URGSE into a supra. Will be a manual conversion as there isnt a TCU on the market yet of controlling the 8 speed box.

We are currently reseach control of the VVT-IE EDU with regards to external Controlling, and also the Direct Injection EDU's and 2 High pressure pump spill valve in order to retain the DI. On failing DI we will be running port injection.

Does anybody know the Stock 3UR tundra injector size?? we know the TRD injectors as part of the SC kit are 550cc but looking at them they dont sit as far into the ports as the stock items.

Was there ever a Manual 1ur/3ur manual gearbox? as a 10bolt Flywheel we make a start on the manual conversion before going custom

Marty
engin5-1024x616.jpg

Great project, but as you can probably conclude from all the views your post has had, but no replies, we know very little about these new engines and their swap potential.

David (Lextreme) managed to get one dropped into his LS400 a few years ago and he concluded it was too massive for a swap.

Wish you all the luck with your project however, and it would be fantastic if you'll keep us posted with your progress.

We like pioneers here!

thanks!! well someone would tackle it sooner or later, i thought why not sooner :D

we have a blog type build over at

www.2urgse-supra.herobo.com

Though i also use it to post up any technical findings or information that may be usefull in future problems with the project. It will take a long time, but, i dont give up easy :rolleyes:

Marty

I certainly wouldn't want to attempt twin turboing that monster :) I think you'll have enough fun just trying to find room for the exhaust manifolds and piping. So are you building this as a full-on racecar, hot street setup or ??

A supercharger might fit.......!

If you'll PM me, I'll send you the contact details for an excellent ex-AEM engineer & tuner who has probably already had some experience with this engine, or others like it.

the head angles actually allow a pretty decent amount of room for manifolds.
TRD supercharger would be an option, if the 3UR shares the same port style/size as the 2UR :D

Although high compression, DI minimises some of the main problems of forced induction on high compression port injected engine.

As far as ECU and tuning goes, we are a long way of that. Direction injection hasnt been covered by the mainstream companies. Thats the part that will require an ecu company willing to start looking to the future of engine control.
Adaptronic in Aus are very keen though ;)

Marty

As far as ECU and tuning goes, we are a long way of that. Direction injection hasnt been covered by the mainstream companies. Thats the part that will require an ecu company willing to start looking to the future of engine control.
Adaptronic in Aus are very keen though ;)

Marty

Mitch is a mechanical engineer first, and tuner 2nd. He recently setup an AEM system to run the 5.0 liter Tau V8 in Rhys Millen's Genesis coupe project. As you're probably aware, the Tau is a VVTi motor with DI also. While I'm sure he's under a NDA with the Millen organisation, it might be worth contacting him about controlling the various systems on the 2UR.

http://rhys-millen-racing.myshopify.com/pages/rm500-genesis-coupe-1

Here's Mitch's contact page, however he can be fairly elusive at times (as are most tuners!): http://www.mptuning.net/

i read somwhere that orido's 86 with the 2ur melted one of the di's wit no fuel cooling it.

dunno how true it is but worth mentioning just incase.

i read somwhere that orido's 86 with the 2ur melted one of the di's wit no fuel cooling it.

dunno how true it is but worth mentioning just incase.

thats correct, due to the high compression and Di placement the fuel provides the cooling effect for the injector. no DI means no good..we will have operational DI :)

Hi all,
Looking at bit of tech info if possible. We are currently installing a 2URGSE into a supra. Will be a manual conversion as there isnt a TCU on the market yet of controlling the 8 speed box.

We are currently reseach control of the VVT-IE EDU with regards to external Controlling, and also the Direct Injection EDU's and 2 High pressure pump spill valve in order to retain the DI. On failing DI we will be running port injection.

Does anybody know the Stock 3UR tundra injector size?? we know the TRD injectors as part of the SC kit are 550cc but looking at them they dont sit as far into the ports as the stock items.

Was there ever a Manual 1ur/3ur manual gearbox? as a 10bolt Flywheel we make a start on the manual conversion before going custom

Marty
engin5-1024x616.jpg
Hey Marty.
I too am considering a 2ur swap into my 1st gen celica but before I get my heart set on it I need to know if it will fit. The 1uz gets done often and fits well with dimensions of 700mm pretty much in all direction. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find dimensions on the 2urgse. Could I please ask if you could tell me the L/W/H of the 2ur?
I would appreciate it very much.
regards. Robert.