1UZFE into Ford Sierra XR4x4

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Love your work absolutley outstanding

Hmmm your sump is a work of art in itself , I must say we looked at doing the sump/front diff very similar to yourself on the 22 GTR conversion. In the end we tackled it alittle different ,. hmm after a few J-Beam cans the decision was made to mount the front diff independant of the sump and directly to the crossmember / subframe. this was done for various reasons, to many to go into here but i think this will cause it's own set of problems later on.

I don't want to steel your thread so i was really wanting to comment on the turbo manifolds and the room for each side, It looks tight similar to mine and after hr's and hr's of work finally we made some equal lengths 4 into 1 fit, these head towards the front of the motor . where i have fitted a TO4z (800hp) single on the passenger side. again various reasons why a single.
My passenger side is bloody tight. I was withing a Bees D of nearly making logs myself. I'm not sure where you plan on mounting your turbos or if you are set on going twins or single
If you would like pics for idea on the manifolds , no problem just let me know
Best to get me on [email protected]

The pics may just give you some ideas and then again maybe completley useless

Justen also has a very neat low slung set of turbo's he maybe able to supply pics for ideas as well

I am keen to see how you go about it and the solutions

Keep up the great work as i have been following this thread and keen to see the end results myself

thanks
jamie

Slight change of plan.

I have just gotten hold of a Skyline R34 GTR gearbox and man is this a monster !

The tiny gearbox next to it is the Sierra Cosworth 4x4......

I have also determined that it's possible to weld the alloy in the R34 gearbox.
I have to shorten the bellhousing to get the length from the gearbox flange to the
centre of the gearleaver or I will end up as a back seat driver.

So the plan is to weld the front bit of a 1UZFE auto bellhousing to the R34 gearbox
and adjust the total length at the same time. After some fast measuremets it looks
like I can chop of 20 mm. This will also elimenate the spacer between the box and
the engine, and that is an additional 20 mm.

When all this is done I will end up with the gearleaver 15 mm further back
compared to the Cosworth 4x4 box and that I can live with.

Here is a pic of one already done, is this what you are talking about??
The box Alloy does weld nicely, this one also has some additional plates on the top to act as a scater sheild

It seems we are on a very similar path on our mods program

god damn. well i think u can officaly say good buy to blowing the gear box, compared to the wee sierra box. this car is gonna be a monster. i wanna see some massive 4wd burnouts lol.

The 1UZ bellhousing is removable.

Take it off and fit it in a lathe using the circular hole in it's rear to centre it and just slice it off where you want.

The Skyline is harder.

The hardest thing is getting the 1UZ flange central on the Skyline box before welding them together.

It all looks quite easy, or straight forward, but it is fiddly to get spot on.

lowboost:

At the moment it looks like I'll end up with a "Street Twin" from Mcleod

( choose Page 1 to see what they look like ) I have spoken with Mcleod and they say they
can make me a twin with the Nissan R34 spline. I think it's the clutch to use as it isn't
sintered or cerametalic plates but organic, so it's not quite as brutal against the driveline.

Btw, they rate it at 1100 lbs/ft.

Zuffen:

The two bellhousings will be aligned and welded in the lathe.

Any update's / progress Autronic ,.. keen to see how it is all going ?

thanks
jamie

Attachments

• dec04%2E3%2Ejpg.jpg
    dec04%2E3%2Ejpg.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 36
Outstanding work. I wish something like that would be legal here in Finland but it's impossible :(
Keep on doing and updating =)

Attachments

• SC Supercharger.jpg
    SC Supercharger.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 36
Sigh, where to begin.....

Don't you just hate it when they go and change the rules on you !

I will not get the Sierra roadworthy with the twin turbo setup, new rules/interpretation
from 1st January, so I'm changing "the plan" again I'll just get it on the road as normally
aspirated to begin with and then slap a supercharger on it later after the rego is done.

At the moment I'm working on exhaust headers for the Sierra ( normally aspirated,
I will post pix later ).

I have also been out buying a car that It's possible to get rego'd with a twin turbo 1UZFE
engine. The car is an Opel Kadett, and it's already TUV approved for engines up to 420 HP.

Hey autronic,

that looks like our Holden Gemini, the previous owner of CRS (Rod Hadfield) told me once that they had fitted a 1UZ into a gemini and needed to do a fair amount of cutting,
would you have a pic of under the bonnet to see if its the same as the Aussie Version. they look great apparently fun to drive but i havent had a drive of one yet.

mycarhasposessedme and deankdx

Yes, it is simmilar to your Gemini and it's a shaite box, but what do you expect it's a GM......

There is a guy that have squeezed in a Chevy SB with twin turbos in one, so I should be able
to persuade a 1UZFE to take it's place. I'm more worried about the 4x4 running gear thou,
I think that will be the major headache.