1UZFE into Ford Sierra XR4x4

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Anyway, back to the Sierra. Here is some pictures of the headers. They are a tri-Y design, the
inside dia. of the first parts is 38.4 mm ( 1.51" ). The next part will be around 1.75", I don't have
those parts, so I can't say for certain yet.

Both headers must clear the chassis rails, as the headers have to be on the engine when I
hoist that up from below. That is the only way to get the engine and gearbox in place on the
Sierra 4x4, as the crossmember have to be on the engine when it's installed.

Be gentle on me please, this is the first TIG welding I have ever done, the guy welding for me
decided to throw me to the wolves ( "Time for you to learn to tig...") so I think It's better to
get all the mistakes over and done with here instead of doing them later on the turbo headers....

Fitted to the car, the left side was a pain. All exhaust pipes have to be on the inside of the steering
shaft as the speedo cable, brake pipes and fuel pipes goes on the outside.

I'd be happy with those welds, especially if i had done them myself.

Good to see some Progress and to hear its going together even though the Turbos are not allowed, it will be Unique Regardless and a great conversion By the look so far.
who would expect to see a V8 under the bonnet of a 4wd sierra?
keep up the good work, pictures say a thousand words also
thanks Dean

Looks like I can do the twin turbo setup after all. To make a long story short, if I can get an
independent engineering company, that the Norwegian MOT will accept, to ok the conversion
it will be road worthy in Norway.

And then the flip side, I have to take the car to Berlin ( Germany ) because that's where the
engineering company is ( DEKRA ), that checks the big conversions.

Don't you just looove bureaucracy. Oh well, it's better than the NO WAY I started with in
January. Now I only need this in writing and it's on again.

autronic said:
Looks like I can do the twin turbo setup after all.
it will be road worthy in Norway.

And then the flip side, I have to take the car to Berlin ( Germany ) .
Thats Great news, good to see they are somewhat flexible.
get some Video footage on the Autobahn on your way back going fast...(safely)
how far from the Nurburgring track are you, that will test its build quility and make a gread video for us also.

autronic said:
deankdx:

I'm not sure how far I am from the Nurburgring circuit, 3 countries and I'd guess 1200 km.
6 hrs at 200kmh, cruising, that would be a good test also LOL
sorry if i offended you with the location i have never been good with Geography, lucky if i know where anything is in My own country.
i have only recently heard and seen footage of the Nurburgring circuit

Hi guys.

Been a while since I have updated, as there is not much to report.

The car is still in pieces, getting the engine "legal" in the car is still up in the air and finding inspiration to
do something while I'm arguing with bureaucrats is hard.

Anyway, there will be an engine in the car before christmas, whether it will be a UZ, a VW VR6 or something
else remains to be seen.