1uzfe into BJ70

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Its taken me a while but Ive finshed all the painting that ill do. Im not keen on doing the outside of the body myself. so much work in masking and sanding. Its all looking good and now im on the mish of puting it back togeather.

Hi there, its been a while but things have been on the move. Its looks like a truck again. The oil pan is a bit close to the diff but I dont think it`ll be too much if an issue.

Nice one Freeman,but you might wanna check that when the front axle is completely compressed that you know for sure it won't hit the sump:06: ..I had to make a sump mod on mine as mine would have hit and as it stands it has Just caught the corner of the sump but not damaging it,just sort of folding it a little..since then I have taken the grinder out and tweaked the diff head accordingly..Looks good so far..cheers Keri

hay big. Im hopeing its just the oil pan that I gota get cut and welded. Im geting a spring over conversion dun which should give everything another 120mm lift, then its just the diff to get stuck on.

50RTD. Its the gearbox that toyota put in the truck 5 speed h55f
Will be runing a MicroTech LT-10s

No worries, cheers Freeman. How tough is the H55? Im using an R150 on mine.

Edit: LT10, very nice. I'd be interested to know if you're using factory coils and ignition system, also injectors and any internal mods?

not sure on that one, Ive blowen my transfer box at the river befor. mud in box does bad things. but gussing should hold up better than the hilux box.

The motor is stock. I changed the cambelt and water pump while its out, M90 isnt big boost so stock motor should be ok. I think if I was going to spend alot on the motor I would have gone holden LS1 or LS2

No worries, cheers Freeman. How tough is the H55? Im using an R150 on mine.
The H55F is good for around 400-450 horses and even if the lex is supercharged..at 260 hp standard you're still under at around 380-390 hp with I think about 7-9 psi..Someone else might be able to confirm this as well..cheers

hay big. Im hopeing its just the oil pan that I gota get cut and welded. Im geting a spring over conversion dun which should give everything another 120mm lift, then its just the diff to get stuck on.
YEah the Oil pan is all that's needed to mould so to speak of..SOA = quite tippy for the 70..I was looking at it but thought i'd go for stability and better spring packs to help get better articulation..was thinking of putting some 60 series axles under but then that just leads to more cert work and horsing around..Make sure you put the bump stops lower then or you'll still hit the oil pan..cheers

Hello freeman20b,

Writing from Pakistan, impressed by your swap
thpix.gif
. Want to swap a 1uzfe into a 1985 bj60. Presently, it has a 12H I-6 4 ltr turbodiesel in it. It also has 37" Goodyear Wranglers on 16.5" rims. Raised (2") suspension from Lovells, Australia. Rest is stock. Please guide with basic tips regarding swap (Do's & dont's). Thanks in advance.

1uzfe into bj60

my.php
Hello freeman20b,

Writing from Pakistan, impressed by your swap
thpix.gif
. Want to swap a 1uzfe into a 1985 bj60. Presently, it has a 12H I-6 4 ltr turbodiesel in it. It also has 37" Goodyear Wranglers on 16.5" rims. Raised (2") suspension from Lovells, Australia. Rest is stock. Please guide with basic tips regarding swap (Do's & dont's). Thanks in advance.

Thought I'd include a photo of the vehicle too.

Rgds.
my.php

Hay Mujahid. If I sarted again I would prob have used the rear sump 1uz, but for what a payed for the motor it ended up been one of the cheeper things on the truck.
also if i didnt lift the moter and box to match the body lift the sump would have been too close ( front sump).
The gearbox was moved forward to give the firewall extra room, no need for cuting to fit the motor.
I got told by a few people not to use the rubber engine mounts that came with the motor due to them craking.
I used the dellow clutch and bellhousing kit, all bolted up well yet to see if it does the job but im sure it will at this point.
Im useing a external fuel pump, didnt want to mess round with the fuel pickup side of things.
For cooling Im using a 16inch electric fan.

Hope that gives you an idea also ask (Big) he used the crs bellhousing kit and done a few things a bit diffrent.

Looking at pics the clutch slave cylider on the dellow kit sticks out more than the crs kit.

your output shaft may be diffrent to 3.4d gearbox but im sure its still a h55f box

1uzfe into bj60

Hi freeman20b,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't know there were 1uz's with front and rear sumps! I'll be sure to check when buying the engine. I assume that is so it clears the diff pumpkin? I'll be mating it to the Toyota LC 5-speed (H55F?). I will check with Mark's adapters or Advance to see what I can get. What about exhaust conversion, radiator etc. Most important: The H55F is a completely non-ecu transmission; how can I make it work with the fully "sensored", ecu-run 1uzfe? Sorry to seem so ignorant, but I am technologically challenged. You might have to explain things to me like a layman. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Mujahid.

Note: Kindly forward to Big, too. Thanks.

the 1uz`s come in front mid and rear sump. Ill get some more pics up and tight spot pics, even with the rear and mid sump you`ll still might have to get a bit cut out. My sump sits about 10mm above the front diff, but the diff is to one side and the corner of the sump is close.
I got a cap welded onto the radiator and moved the bottom water pipe to the other side. Im useing the log style exhaust manifold off the mid sump engine, the ones that came with my front sump were too wide and got in the way. Rear sump manifolds also fit, as for the rest of the system im keen on twin pipes all the way. Im using a aftermarket computer which there are a few to chose from which only use about 10 or so wires from the lume. Here in NZ theres not much use for aircon, mabe 2 months of the year and the window works well.

Hi freeman20b,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't know there were 1uz's with front and rear sumps! I'll be sure to check when buying the engine. I assume that is so it clears the diff pumpkin? I'll be mating it to the Toyota LC 5-speed (H55F?). I will check with Mark's adapters or Advance to see what I can get. What about exhaust conversion, radiator etc. Most important: The H55F is a completely non-ecu transmission; how can I make it work with the fully "sensored", ecu-run 1uzfe? Sorry to seem so ignorant, but I am technologically challenged. You might have to explain things to me like a layman. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Mujahid.

Note: Kindly forward to Big, too. Thanks.
Hey Mujahid,I'm almost 100% sure the G/B will be one similar to the hilux gbox..as the LC landcruiser is what they say is the "Baby landcruiser" and It uses the same Diff heads - ie 8" R+P unlike Freemans and mine which are 9.5" R+P but on the possitive side you should be able to get parts galore..one thing to check is to see if the pumpkin on the rear is offset or centre? offset = 9.5 R+P (nicely stronger than the 8")Also the transferr is offset(drive shaft doesn't come out of the centre unlike the hilux type which does, also getting back to the g/box..it might be something like a R151/R154(something like that)or the earlier hilux type..there are loads of parts for these unlike ours..seems there are not that many bits and peices for the bigger landcruiser..Also the engine will only require about 8 wires..(can't remember exactly) to get running,Gloverman or Sideshow have loads of threads which helped me out no end to get this going..Big thumbs up for there help..:arms: just ask and someone will point you in the general direction..cheers