1UZFE into a 1964 toyota crown (rs41)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

crownsixfour

Hi there im michael im new to the forum ive just begun to transplant a 1u into my ol fathfull crown
attachment.php

i've owned her for about 6 years as a stock daily driver but the 2ltre 4banger is tired and slow so ive just purcahsed a 1uzfe from a soarer
attachment.php

heres the orignal engine prior to ripping it out
attachment.php

after ripping out with a good clean main concerns are the steering box and linkages will probably convert to rack

Progress report

OK so i've been been slowly working away at the wino - bus.
I removed the steering box, linkages, and the upper radiator support. then slipped the 1u into place and it didn't fit, not suprising really was never gonna fit 1st go so i then removed the air con compressor, and altenator.
on second attempt it was much better but the main issue is the exhaust headers touch the upper wishbone pivot point so new headers will need to be fabricated as per the crude attachment i knocked up on a free ware cad program.
this will be a while before i make these but in the mean time ive gone about making the engine mounts, useing mazda 929 engines mounts and connecting them with a new bracket to the engine (much the same as the orginal alloy units only shorter) and new brackets on the chasis rails (will post photos soon).
the next coupla jobs will include
massage the trans tunnel
relocate the altinator to the left side
transmission mount to be made

hi..while your doing all the other bits (i know shed loads of them!!!) i would be rethinking the exhaust headers..

Attachments

• carz (7).jpg
    carz (7).jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 73
  • carz (14).jpg
    carz (14).jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 62
Those wing mirrors will get in your way.

If you want to keep them I'd take them off before you break them.

Interestingly my Dad had one of these in 1964. From memory it was the York Motors (one of 3 Sydney Toyota Dealers in those days) demo car and it was the second one sold in NSW.

Great old bus, shame about the brakes. 3 speed manual with an electric overdrive. Self search radio. This was way ahead of the opposition.

Hi guys long time since a post, But basically have been busy with my baby ella (born 19/07/09) but i have completed the engine mounts and the engine is sitting pretty much where i want it. the mounts were a 2 peice design due to the chassis rails tapering in after the wishbones. it makes it hard to install the engine due to the large sump pan. so the mounts are bolted in after the engine is installed which aint the most erganomic design but it'll do the job just fine. next step will be the trans mount, how high the trans has to sit up in the tunnel will determine if i have to modify the tunnel some more. i also possibly have an oppurtunity to buy a very good condition rs41 sedan which should aid the project if i get it my plan would be to continue with the current chassis then, when complete do a body swap. it will save me heaps of time in body and interior work. any way have a good christmas and safe new year

wow its been awhile and no progress absolutly none but i did make another kid and buy a house so i've been a bit busy
plus i just bought another very straight rs41 which will be the body for the 1uz chassis once its done

wow that looks great funny that your doing that just brought a full chassis out of that model crown to go in my corona .

do you have any photo's of the mounts you made ?