1UZFE in Series 2 Jaguar XJ6

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

niknot

Hi guys,

I am from South Africa. A while back my dad had a 1UZFE engine & gearbox fitted in his Series 2 Jaguar XJ6. It is running Spitstronic engine & gearbox management without any issues and the car runs very well. I am getting this car from him in about 2 weeks time and would like to sort out a few small issues.

They are:
  • Rev counter
  • Speedo
  • Oil light
  • Oil pressure gauge

As the Jag rev counter & speedo are both cable driven, I think it is not really worth having the gauges converted (about R3500) to electronic. We can pick up electronic Auto Gauge dials that we can fit for about R750 each with a slight bit of modification and connecting to the Spitstronic management shouldn't be a problem. Any thoughts on this?

So really my main question is around the oil pressure light & gauge. What senders exist on the 1UZFE engine that transmit these two bits of information and where are they located? As I haven't seen the car in months and am totally unfamiliar with the engine any help would be appreciated.

Alan

Hi Alan
You have the right idea with your speedo and rev counter. It will be the easiest to do the same with the oil pressure gauge.
The oil light should be very easy to sort out. I think the switch is somewhere on the oil filter housing. Just wire it up from the light. :)
Great car! Put some pics up!