1UZFE in a TA23/28 Celica

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

FinalRights

Ok,from what I understand its not hard to get the actual engine in. My question is do I use the stock crossmember? I think I read if its a front sump 1uzfe(I wanna say GS400) then I can use the stock Ta23/28 xmemeber with new custom mounts. The mounts wont be a problem to make,I can get a friend to make em for me,he's done a sbc 350 AE86 drag car already. :D Anyways,I'm love the way the Celica looks,and I want a daily drive,since I have a Z31 project car already. I'm looking to go with a powerglide transmission,since I don't really want another 5spd for a daily drive. I'm looking for a decent amount of hp out back. I'll probably go with ported heads,cam change,full exhaust w/no cats,and maybe ITB's if they will fit under hood. I'm gonna have to look into the possible 4 disc brake and rear end swaps. I doubt the stock rear end can handle the 1UZFE's power. Is there a way to swap over to a coilover/strut suspinsion,or did the Celica not come with leaf suspinsion even back then? I'm not sure if they even made the Cabrio Celica here in America.(might be an RA23/28 here,its just a diffrent engine) I have to find a nice body for the swap before I can start,but I probably won't be starting the project till winter. I still wanna learn alot more about the cars,and the swap,so if anyone has any links that they can give me,it would be apprieciated. Light weight parts like hoods and trunks would be nice to know if anyone sells. If not,I guess I'll have to fiberglass me some. I'm just looking to try to keep the weight somewhere around stock,even after the engine swap and a stereo upgrade.

Edit:I think I remember reading that I can get a 4 wheel disk swap from the Cressida,not sure which model though.

All Celicas TMK are ALL coil spring rear suspensions..
If it doesn't have rack and pinion steering ?? It would be easier to fit a Corona cross member, struts and steering shaft etc
It will have a little more negative camber. But that's not an issue...
The bolts that fit through chassis rails have widened depending on your model ..
The latter models Celicas have rack and pinion also .. So I guess these can be retro fitted ..
Cessida has IRS and not too much swaps over...

You can pretty much disregard everything said by Anodyne above!
Most of what he has said only applies to later model (>'80) Celica/Supras.

Im doing it in a RA28... be prepared for a lot of work!
Although i am trying to do it "properly", so ill never have to worry about breaking parts from the extra power.
Basically nothing on the factory car can handle that much power/torque, so all the suspension, drivetrain, etc needs to be upgraded.

Here is a brief list of the mechanical stuff ive done:
Chassis strengthening
Rack and pinion steering conversion using TA23 xmember and AE82 rack.
Front suspension & brake upgrades
Diff upgrade (hilux diff with supra disk brakes)
Fuel system upgrades including new fuel lines, surge tank, two pumps, etc
... and then all the engine stuff like wiring, manual trans, etc.

More info here: http://www.v-eight.com/tech_forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=650

eNpVjsFuwjAMhl8l8h3qOKkb3BNC2rQDaNoLoBAKBIJakU4bmvbua9VxwKf_-6zfspdKfrIYgS4GqLMwC6z97ZKLlb-p9xiG0KQYvPpYklOb5qsgxMUMeUZaLdO1zb16iX0u3tav26oq3fzcHcdLVuAQU4I6Cg5YCgQfTs3IeuL-9HndPfZa4HusDa84RJjM_d_wZJxAao_ttgs91HvBucXnISK0ltEuqESjDTp0tiI2xrB2mi0ylfXvH5XmQWQ,.jpg

Last edited: