1UZFE in a Maserati Biturbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
That's not our purpose here - it may have been one of the purposes at the time when the owner ran an online store, but that's in the past. The forum exists today only to help people help each other with 1UZ issues.

Kelvin isn't even a financial supporter of this website AFAIK, but he's offered far more free technical support here than most of our paying vendors ever did in the past.

That manual is a great resource. I have spent many hours reading over similar manuals over the years.

We were chatting at the same time but I headed off to work and missed the link request. Just as long as you now have the correct info now I'm happy. Cheers

The joy of the internet is good information is quickly covered up by poor information.

They are all basically the same to wire but Toyota have a habit of making small changes over the years. I was doing a 141 crown loom the other day to find it was an earlier model of the crown with single o2 sensors and slight changes in the main body plug over the later model 141. I soarer I did recently was almost the same ecu pinout as the LS you have but it only had one +B pin like the later ECU's. My best info is the stuff I have written myself and made by doing loom and loom and recording all the differences.

Presently I don't have as many 1uz conversions on as normal. I think there are only 7 but I also have a 2JZ wiring job , 351 ford into a lincoln contenental , MR2 turbo , VL commodore turbo and a ford prefect.

1uz engines are around 1500 to 2K over here for a package with motor/box/ecu and loom. The VVti are a little more and 3UZ are still quite a bit. Very popular over here.

Awesome!!! Love that feeling when you find the issue and everything is working as it should... but also hate that feeling when you have over looked the problem 10 or so times before you find it Ha

I needed the correct wiring diagram. I bought a book on ebay for 50 bucks and I was able to find the errors in the diagrams that I had previously been using. The main thing, is I had the 02 Heater wires wrong. I got the check engine light to show me codes and I also got the blue tooth device to talk to my phone app. I verified it comes out of open loop and runs like it should.

A lot has happened since I posted last. The car has brakes from a V6 Accord, the exhaust from a Corvette and I lowered the suspension 3 inches all the way around. It actually moved under it's own power today.

The ECU had been unplugged for days five minutes before we shot this video clip. It will clean up after I run the engine several times over the next few days. I still have tons to do, but this car is only a few weeks away from the return to the road.
See it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM4sHTctUYU

The trans fluid is low but I'll add more later. It seems like its going to be halfway decent when I get the brakes bled and the exhaust properly built, welded & hung. There is a noise from the steering column, there is a bushing that's gone missing. I'll make one and that will go away. The suspension doesn't feel bad at all actually. The brakes feel like mush but I'll add the power assist hose from the engine and re-bleed them.

Either way- it is moving in the right direction.

I let it out of the gate today. It was happy but by no means is it ready to run free....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKBgq7zCm7I
Junkyard dog? Help me think of a fitting nickname for it. It's Italian & Japanese, mostly.

Very Special Thanks to Tiggs, Dr. Hoon and CDwood for making this rear boot lid spoiler dream a reality. Many people rallied together to get me this piece of unobtanium. You just can't buy these here.

This is a mock up of the car, with the ultra rare rear spoiler only available in Europe. My good friends in the UK, rallied together and sent it to me.

You can now start to get a sense of what the car is going to look like. This is part of the vision I had for it, when I saw the rusted hulk of a car back six months ago.

This lightweight, V8 powered, street legal rally car is only a couple short months away from fruition. Nothing great has ever been achieved without enthusiasm and vision.

See this form, picture it black with yellow and silver accents. Because that’s what we’ll have soon enough.

mock1.jpg

mock2.jpg

mock3.jpg

mock4.jpg

y2.jpg

Well, I worked on the car today with the only parts that came in over the weekend. The front turn signals. I was hoping the fuel sender would be here, so I could do the fuel tank stuff, but this was the only thing that arrived.

cv1.jpg

cv2.jpg

cv3.jpg

cv4.jpg

cv5.jpg

cv6.jpg

cv7.jpg

cv8.jpg

cv9.jpg

It's not finished product, but it's getting there. The lights have clear packing tape over them, so that they aren't damaged.
When the filler is sanded down and it's ready for paint, I'll peel the tape away, revealing clean unmarked turn signals.
These lights, actually take several years off the car. Freshens it up a bit.

The wheels? The operative word here is low budget. I have done builds with $2500 rims and tires and builds with cheap wheels as well. You almost never get the money back from spending big money on wheels. The wheel spacers and the lug nuts cost more than the rims AND the tires on this build. I mean, if someone wants to "sponsor" me a set of wheels and tires, then sure- I'll change them.
These are an early 90's, all aluminum six spoke wheel with a slightly cheesy and cheap look about them. That's why I picked them. This car itself IS cheesy and cheap, with a dated look about it, so it's a perfect match.
The build doesn't take itself too seriously and brand new or high dollar wheels which won't do anything for the sale of it when I'm done with it? Nah- these are great.

The wheels do look ok for this car, but you never get money back when doing anything to the car, no matter if you're to buy wheels or install new engine or whatever.

There are dozens of cheap wheels that would look far better....I get the cheap and cheerful but it doesn't have to come at the cost of ugly ;) wheels maketh or breaketh the car, every time :)

At least paint them satin black?