1UZFE in a Maserati Biturbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Well, even without trying that device- I think the main problem is with my wiring. First off, in the "how to" pages, it says that TE1 should be spliced into pin 10 on "custom plug". This makes no sense. I have no "custom plugs" so I have no idea what he's talking about.
So forget that bit- the engine runs, it just won't rev out. The temp sensor is new- I just changed it.
Switched main power 12v going to a light bulb, the other side of the light bulb, going to "W" in the diagnostic port, the light illuminates when the power is on, ok good. It goes off when the engine starts. Ok, good.

But when I jumper TE1 and E1, power on, engine not started- the bulb does not blink. It just stays lit. Basically- I can't get either ECU to go into diagnostic mode and give me any codes. I have double checked- the light is connected right, as far as I can tell. I think the way I have it wired, pretty much everything gets power when the main switch is on.

I couldn't get the ECU to go into diagnostic mode either when the caps were failing, but......you've already determined that's not the problem, right? :)

I've never run one of these engines with a stock distributor - I've always used a static, crank triggered ignition, however I'm told that it's possible to get the distributor rotor on backwards, which can cause some weird engine behavior. I'm also not sure how the HT wires are routed as I've always run with a COP system, but that may be something worthwhile to check, and possibly replace. Your wires are probably pushing 20 years old by now? Probably lots of crossfiring?

I occasionally could get my hands on a USDM Lexus ECU. None of them would blink the warning light. Most of the ECUs were ok though. I decided this was a marketing feature.

The Custom plug is one that is fitted by the person wiring the engine so not a factory Lexus one. Looking at the wiring document you have supplied I am wondering why you are using a 96 document for reference when you have an early engine? Or was this just for an example? While most of these pins are the same between the two engines there are some differences elsewhere in the wiring which will lead to poor running / incorrect wiring of components.

Maybe I should advertise my diagrams around the rest of the world better. Most people find mine after using others ones which are more complicated whereas my ones are as simple as they can be.

Maybe I should say my business is built around doing 1uz conversions. Over the last 10 years I have spent a few thousand dollars every year buying information. I give a lot of tips away on my business facebook page and to my customers but at some point I do need to eat. I have to stand behind my instructions whereas others like Nigel take no responsibilty for the issues his information has caused you. I have fixed around 50 who have used his wiring notes.

I don't want to be a prick and I do encourage people to do it themselves but at same time I am running a business. Hopefully my hint about having the wrong diagrams will head you in the correct direction. Cheers

Just an endorsement for Gloverman and his products. Kelvin has been on here for over 10 years and has shared his knowledge & experience freely with us all.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase anything from him. It'll be fairly priced and well worth the money and he'll be there to back it up & answer questions.

The 17 hour time difference may have been a factor; that and trying to run a business in his spare time while answering questions on an internet Forum for free.

FWIW, here is a link to all his listings on "Trade Me" in NZ: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=728644

And I believe this is the link to the instructions & diagrams he was referring to: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/toyota/other/auction-870257291.htm

Cost is 100 NZD which is about $75 USD, plus you'd probably get some free support by email. It would have been money well spent, IMHO.