1UZFE Flywheel

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yes, I have, and I have had very good luck. If you don't want to make the calls, if you can give me the info I'd be more than happy to see what I can do.

and yeah, fidanza will answer some wuestions, but when you start asking engineering questions like what bolt parrerns are the same they become a llittle mum. When I originally contacted them they weren't very forthcoming with info, but they definately acted interested in taking my money to make the flywheels lol. I've spent a nice bit of time talking to those people and they'll only give out so much info.

yeah, the flexplaye info is very very readily available on this site if you know what you're looking for.

News!

I found a potential supplier, I am going to order a flywheel from them and modify it to fit the 1uzfe and ship it back to them for them to take measurements of the modifications required. The measurements are only going to be minor adjustments such as ring gear placement and pcd modification (again very very minor) this is a billet steel flywheel so the modifications WILL NOT affect the structural integrity again this is only minor modifications.

What I want to hear from you guys is what you would like the weight to be at right now this beast is hefty so I am looking for suggestion, currently it will any w58 clutch disc or r154 clutch disc up to 9.25" and there are several off the shelf clutch options at various "stages" but I am anticipating a production flywheel WITHOUT pre-drilled pressure plate holes.

They want a high group buy but they said once it is loaded into their computer it will be an off the shelf product. Available for order on their website. I am holding on to the info just until I have solidified this and post a group buy hopefully we can all get on board.

Currently they are projecting prices at the 300-400 dollar level and that should be pretty spot on as 90% of this flywheel is the same as a current production flywheel they have.

So for what its worth I am going to pay for this flywheel, pay to have it modified by S&B Machine here locally and then pay to have it shipped back for an exact price of production.

So how does this sound to you guys?

Thread revival!

I am in the process of putting together my 1uz swap for my 4runner and I have been on a mission to get a billet flywheel of some kind without paying for it with my first born. Anyways, I had read about Fidanza making a flywheel for the landcruisers which has led me to this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FIZ-130081/ .

I don't know what clutch it takes, but it says its for the 4.7L. Maybe they realized the demand for something with a smaller clutch size other than 13". Maybe I will give them a call tomorrow to find out for sure.

Save you the pain. Look for info on using the older Toyota truck V6 flywheels and mate with a hydraulic throwout bearing. Don't mess around with anything fancy or you'll be waiting a year (and possibly never getting anything after waiting that long for someone to do something) and paying 10x more. 4U2QUIK knows what's up. Don't try and blaze any new trails unless you have money to burn.

Yeah, I did a little more searching and that flywheel uses the big clutch disks. I just ordered a fidanza billet steel 3sgte flywheel and will be modding it for my 1uz. They are supposed to be close to the stock weight and made of 1045 billet steel with a replaceable friction surface.

I was going to order a billet steel FW from 4u2quik, but he stopped producing them.

I do not reccomend using the 3sgte flywheels. there are too many things that go wrong with them.
Use the 3vz and be done with it.
Please explain more.

The flywheel isn't a stock cast unit, so I don't see how using it will be a problem. I do see a 3vz being a problem since I will be adding a Precision 6262 turbo to my engine, so using a modified cast unit isn't ideal. Also, being that it's for my 4runner that will be mostly for wheeling, I want a little more weight than any of the available billet flywheels for a 1uz stateside.

the ring gear has to be flipped, and even then the lead ends up on the wrong side.
and as for powerhandling I'd be far more worried about using a 3sgte flywheel than a 3vz. for one on the 3sgte the holes get moved out almost 1/2 an inch, which by itself isn't a problem, but added to the fact that you have to use the flexplate spacer to behind the 3sgte flywheel to move it out enough to properly engage the ring gear, it ends up wiggling under the flywheel bolts. I'll try to get ahold of some pics of a flywheel that this happened to later. It's scary, and It's the #1 reason I refuse to sell them any more.

the 3vz flywheel barely gets modified in comparison, the ring gear is exactly the right one, and the holes get moved out less than 1/16" of an inch. Also if you're worried about power handling, it will hold anything a single disc clutch can throw at it. Modern castings are made from cast steel not cast iron. Big difference, and I'm pretty sure that's where people get hung up on thinking their weak.

flywheel info

There are places that have billet steel 3vzfe flywheels plus the ring gear already faces the correct way I purchased one and had it lightened to about 20lbs and I don't see how you can say that any flywheel is close to stock weight on a 1uzfe since there had never been a factory flywheel, if your flywheel is close to the weight of a flexplate thats scary :eek: I am still using a 3vzfe flywheel and I think around 20lbs is perfect for the engine and in my corolla it has no issue what so ever breaking the tires loose in almost every gear.

also want to add that the 3sgte flywheel is even stronger than any of the other flywheels you can find. it's a forged steel flywheel, and that's probably the one and only reason no-one's lost their legs yet.

the ring gear has to be flipped, and even then the lead ends up on the wrong side.
and as for powerhandling I'd be far more worried about using a 3sgte flywheel than a 3vz. for one on the 3sgte the holes get moved out almost 1/2 an inch, which by itself isn't a problem, but added to the fact that you have to use the flexplate spacer to behind the 3sgte flywheel to move it out enough to properly engage the ring gear, it ends up wiggling under the flywheel bolts. I'll try to get ahold of some pics of a flywheel that this happened to later. It's scary, and It's the #1 reason I refuse to sell them any more.

the 3vz flywheel barely gets modified in comparison, the ring gear is exactly the right one, and the holes get moved out less than 1/16" of an inch. Also if you're worried about power handling, it will hold anything a single disc clutch can throw at it. Modern castings are made from cast steel not cast iron. Big difference, and I'm pretty sure that's where people get hung up on thinking their weak.
I got a call this morning and apparently Fidanza doesn't make these flywheels anymore. :(

Why does the ring gear have to be flipped. As far as I can remember back when I changed the clutch and flywheel in my all trac, the ring gear didn't have a directionally dependent gear pattern. Just have to put a chamfer on the correct edge of the teeth.

How can you tell the spacer caused the flywheels to wiggle lose? Maybe they didn't get torqued correctly in the first place. I would like to see the pic too. What is that spacer made of anyways? It's been a while since I had it in my hands.

I have read most of the threads on here about the flywheels and have read you saying they are cast steel too. I would like the added safety of having a billet flywheel because a billet mild carbon steel flywheel will be stronger. Plus, I don't like the fact the you have to shave some of the thickness off of a 3vz FW's mating surface. Usually you get more strength from size. Also, didn't you have in the past, a warning about using the modified 3vz flywheel with forced induction? or did I read that somewhere else?

There are places that have billet steel 3vzfe flywheels plus the ring gear already faces the correct way I purchased one and had it lightened to about 20lbs and I don't see how you can say that any flywheel is close to stock weight on a 1uzfe since there had never been a factory flywheel, if your flywheel is close to the weight of a flexplate thats scary :eek: I am still using a 3vzfe flywheel and I think around 20lbs is perfect for the engine and in my corolla it has no issue what so ever breaking the tires loose in almost every gear.
I was saying the flywheel was close to the weight of a stock 3sgte.

you can go ahead and grind the lead in by hand but's it's very grievious and it does not work all that great, and the gear lead directionality IS a big deal.

But hey if you don't want to take advice from someone that's built hundreds of these setups then go for it.

as for me warning someone about boosting with the 3vz flywheel ,you probably took it out of context. if you're building more than 600hp there isn't a single disc flywheel setup in the world that's going to work.
The only real advantage of the billet steel flywheel was it had the bolt pattern that was specific to the 1uz and that it could be made to any weight.

also, if you're willing to spend 500$ total you can get a billet steel flywheel from austrailia. just thought I'd mention that.

I got a call this morning and apparently Fidanza doesn't make these flywheels anymore. :(

Why does the ring gear have to be flipped. As far as I can remember back when I changed the clutch and flywheel in my all trac, the ring gear didn't have a directionally dependent gear pattern. Just have to put a chamfer on the correct edge of the teeth.

How can you tell the spacer caused the flywheels to wiggle lose? Maybe they didn't get torqued correctly in the first place. I would like to see the pic too. What is that spacer made of anyways? It's been a while since I had it in my hands.

I have read most of the threads on here about the flywheels and have read you saying they are cast steel too. I would like the added safety of having a billet flywheel because a billet mild carbon steel flywheel will be stronger. Plus, I don't like the fact the you have to shave some of the thickness off of a 3vz FW's mating surface. Usually you get more strength from size. Also, didn't you have in the past, a warning about using the modified 3vz flywheel with forced induction? or did I read that somewhere else?

I was saying the flywheel was close to the weight of a stock 3sgte.