1UZFE Bottom End

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Alan, good to see you back, but the forum's gone pretty quiet of late. David was the one developing most of the aftermarket stuff, but he sold the forum and hasn't participated much since.

You would need to be pushing massive boost through the engine to need a girdle.

Windage tray and scrapper are something that should be esay enough to make yourself.

Hi Zuffen & Cribbj. Never been away look in twice a week, I got some bits from a guy who was on the V8.com but the machining was all over the place to say they were not usable is being kind, I have just finished a rebuild and was going to add a windage tray and scraper to the bottom end. I was going to use a stud girdle as I have the long ARP main bolts and it will give me something to bolt the windage tray to.
I have been running the dry sump without any problems for 2 years and was just trying to see if I could make it better. Hp is at 550 so on a 980kg car it's ok. I might try one on the cad but if there is something on the market well my cad is not good

I wouldn't bother with a girdle at 550hp. Plenty of 1UZ's out there with lots more and no girdle.

I don't think Justen ever ran one and he was getting stupid power out of stock bottom ends.

I'd make the scrapper & windage tray from nylon/plastic style material so if something goes wrong and the crank or rods hit it there will only be bits of plastic to worry about and not steel or aluminium.

I have a question about the Main bearings... I've searched & searched but can not find the specs to plastigage / check to make sure the main bearings are within spec?
I found the torq spec 84ft lbs.
I found the con rods spec: std = .027-.053mm /.0011-.0021 in, Max = .065mm /.0026" & torq 18ft lbs + 90*

A little help...

Thanks for the info...
I think I can handle the 6 bolt mains with this info.
but
I haven't opened up the bottom end yet.
"Thrust"? Where is this and can you give me details on how to check this?
Are they magnetic or how do they stay in there?

Dave, thrust is the amount of allowable axial movement of the crankshaft. One of the mains (I forget which one on the 1UZ) serves as a thrust bearing, and when the axial movement exceeds a certain amount, it (and the rest) need to be replaced. Thrust increases through use of a very heavy clutch or other axial loading of the crankshaft.

It might be good for you to pick up one of the HP books on engine rebuilding and blueprinting. Most of these are written around domestic iron, but the principles still apply, especially for the block.

Thanks for the info... I did my SB 350 years... ago, but nothing like this.
I guess I'll see them when I get into the bottom end...

Te thrust bearings are 4 semi-circle bearings (separate to the main bearing) that slip in between the crank and the block and caps.

They are fitted to #3 main.

Most important and easy to get wrong is to install them facing the right way so the bearing surface is against the crank.

I've seen them go in the wrong way around.