1UZFE aluminum Fidanza flywheel

PARTS FOR SALE: Send an email to [email protected] for availability.

steveblade_uk

After reading the first few posts on this thread I decided Im in. Ive now read more posts and it looks like the GB didn't get off the ground. This realy is a shame as Username had put himself out to offer other members this and save money aswell as getting a realy GREAT performance boost. Im sure there will be more intrest in this idea in the future. Its our loss guys. :eek:(

spf_lexus

I know this will sound stupid but can you use a flywheel in an auto? I thought the flexplate was another name for the same item... being used in an auto not the traditional manual but I know the benefits of a lighter one and thats faster revs. I would be interested but I guess I need to get a little better educated.

Mad Cas

I can't believe some of you people are questioning this and kicking up crap? its a million times better than any other solution I've seen, and no more expensive. I for one am in for one, have cash waiting, might have another and am trying to drum up interest on my side of the pond (UK and Ireland)

I don't get what the debate is about.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
I can't believe some of you people are questioning this and kicking up crap? its a million times better than any other solution I've seen, and no more expensive. I for one am in for one, have cash waiting, might have another and am trying to drum up interest on my side of the pond (UK and Ireland)

I don't get what the debate is about.
Cas, it's not currently about anything; check the dates - it's a dead thread and the discussion ended around 2.5 years ago. Other solutions are currently, or soon will be on offer that should work as well, or better than this one.

The reason some of us were "...kicking up crap" 2.5 years ago is that we own heavy, street driven cars with these lightened flywheels and hair trigger clutches, and while they're a great solution for the track, they're not much fun to drive in rush hour traffic, or up an incline.

I wish I had a fiver for every Supra owner who's tried one of these, then quietly gone back to a stock heavy flywheel. I could probably buy a few gallons of race fuel.

Mad Cas

Granted, I missed the date totally, I'm about 2.5 years behind, and I contacted lex about this (original thread poster) rather than the actual person organising it :dunce: )

I hope you understand, its early hours of the morning here!

Also I'm into track stuff, I used to have a fidanza on my AE86 (and an uprated rally clutch), you know how much low down torque a near stock 4age has? :jester:

It was stall or spin the wheels, and that car was very daily driven.
I just lived with it. I don't get building mental cars for the street, and then bitching about them being a PITA to drive. Seems to be an American thing :D I get what you are saying though, and I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, just can't understand why this hasn't been done yet, hopefully this can be kickstarted again as it would be useful for a few people other than myself (or I'd just take a 3S flywheel to the machine shop)