1uzfe + a340f not shifting out of first

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mer10z

I can't figure out how to delete this but I am reposting in the drivetrain section.

I have a 1uzfe from a 92 sc400 in my 4runner and my mechanic friend and I are trying to get it running with a a340f transmission. The 2 shift solenoids are connected correctly to the ecu but the truck never shifts out of 1st gear. If I remove the wiring harness I can manually shift to L, 2, or D and get 1st, 3rd, or O/D that way, so I know that the transmission is fine. We are using the lexus speed sensor in the tranny with the a340f sprocket so it should be getting the right speed. Are there any other things that we should check into or some diagnosis ideas? We're kind of stuck right now and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Are the other auto wires connected , for example temp sensors , you may need to check all wires from the ECU are connected to the auto where needed

Make sure that the vehicle speed sensor from the 4runners speedo is hooked up correctly. With out that when in D you'll get just what you have described, then using the A340F sprocket once you get it to shift will start to cause problems as the Lexus uses a 4 pole sprocket Vs the Surf/4runners 2 pole sprocket and you'll notice this issue more when in low range 4wd