1UZFE/2UZFE into a 2nd Gen 4Runner (U.S.)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
That's OK then as if i use a Pajero/Montero then it is standard drivers side drop which means.:) i can just swap the gutts and make up mounts,install a after market cpu for the 1UZ and i'm setup as i want to be.Original running gear is the

AW30-40LE (A340F) drivers side drop change bellhousing and keep everything esle standard,Diffs are as strong as a 9" ford beleive it or not the axles just slip straight in to a 9" so i'm gunning for the Mitsi head to be up to it...which means why i asked about the xfer if it can handle the jandle..? Seeing that Cebby may think it ok then it should be bullet proof..:D

AWESOME..hehe Just have to find a Pajero with the right box init..Kewl

Keep ya all posted

K:eek:wned:

cebby said:
Big - that VF2A tcase has a proven record behind hundreds of TRD supercharged 3.4 V6's. Their power output is similar to earlier NA 1UZs.
THATS AWESOME...lol thought there might have been a chance i wouyld BLOW IT UP...IE split the thing in the middle..lol I do go HARD btw offroad..lol

Thanx Cebby you're awesome :):redface:

Big said:
THATS AWESOME...lol thought there might have been a chance i wouyld BLOW IT UP...IE split the thing in the middle..lol I do go HARD btw offroad..lol

Thanx Cebby you're awesome :):redface:

Heat is the enemy. Keep everything nice and cool and you should get some good longevity.

If you really flog it hard, there's always a chance it will go boom. Make sure you have a skid under it too - cracking the case can come from either driveline shock, binding or some external assistance from rocks. Breaking stuff is part of the game... LOL

I don't think the chain drive cases are quite as strong as the geared versions, but many folks are running them with success. All these guys with SC'd SAS Tacomas are really beating on these things. While these aren't bulletproof, they seem to be pretty durable.

Well it looks like i have fouind wut i'm lookn for..now i guess i just have to commit to the project..MmmMMmmMMm :p

Truck = 5k..:(
Lex = 1.3k
cpu = 2.2k
flufffing aROUND= Priceless..lol
body lift new tyres etc 2k around grand 10k for all up truck..gawd...:Eyecrazy:

Wadda you guys reckon..lol

I just realized that I don't have an ignitor for this motor. Are all 1UZ ignitors created equal? Anybody have a pic of one so I get the right thing?

Thanks!

Ahh CRAP now I know exactly what you're talking about. :banghead: My supplier failed to send me those! I need them as well. Anyone have a number off of those? I need to make a call, heh.

CEBBY - check ur email

Depending on what engine you run the igniters are different.

The Crown and SC400/Soarer use different plugs. They don't interchange.

Some Corollas use the same igniters as the Crown but I can't tell you which.

Try getting a part # from your local Toyota dealer and then hit the wreckers.

Well I just hope the SC400 and the LS400 use the same ones. I think I just bought sc400 ignitors for my LS =] I need to get my show (project truck) on the road!

Yep I got that loud and clear. I took my Tacoma into the stealership (friend worked there so they hook me up) because it started running horrible all the sudden. They replaced the ignitor just on a guess and it didn't help at all. They didn't even clean the crusty mount where it's located and it still ran crappy. I just took it back after a couple more days and after 10 minutes of looking I realized a ground strap had broken that grounds the rear of the engine! I cleaned off the dirt on the ignitor mount/ground and put in a spiffy new cable for a ground strap. I still have that spare ignitor... wonder if it would work for my 1uz...

I was at a wrecking yard yesterday and took down the part # of an ignitor for a 1990-1991 LS400 #89621-12010. This seems to be a very common part. The wrecker wanted $100 for ONE and I laughed. :lmao:

You can find these on Ebay for pennies.

Actually I'm going to use the ignitors I have for my trucks 3rz currently. They show the same part number so I'll just change the connectors out on the harness. There are some SC400 ones on ebay for 30-40 all the time (which should work once the connector is modified) but I think the ones I have now should work.