1uz vvti rpm max rpm standard internals

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

markelldawe

Hi, I have a 1uz vvti (so smaller type rods) in an e30 BMW with Link engine management and manual trans. I currently have the RPM limit set at 6500, which it runs to easily. I want to hear from anyone who has real world experience with what a reasonably safe limit is for an engine with these rods. Would 7000-7500 be ok?
Thanks,
Mark.

I will set my limit at 7K if the owner wants it that high and warn the driver about overuse of the limit. Ive seen guys revving then harder but over 7K the seem to have a higher frequency of failer.

I will set my limit at 7K if the owner wants it that high and warn the driver about overuse of the limit. Ive seen guys revving then harder but over 7K the seem to have a higher frequency of failer.

Thank you for the response, it is good to get such info from someone experienced instead of someone's guesswork! I may just bump it up a little, maybe 6800 or so.
Thanks,
Mark.

I rev my 1UZ until the cams stop making power. :) You don't have anything to worry about unless you are boosting or running the laughing gas (or your A/F ratio isn't tuned very good). Use synthetic oil of course. I've beat on a lot of Toyota engines and have never seen one damaged from over-revving.