1uz vvti into a Volga

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
p/s pressure test on the run
http://youtu.be/OrJOrUnl1kY

the connector for pressure test line is screwed into a fuel rail in place of its stub. Then air is let out of the line and indicator is held inside cabin. The purpose of the video was to see if the pressure would drop under hard acceleration. And for having some fun, of course. Looks like it's ok.

Last edited:
exhaust sounds like cammed %) and more loud then previous. Try to go wot at 100+mph, withs gauge attached, pressure may be good at low speed, and slowly go down when doing wot at hight speed. It's just don't look like you use all hp in this video.

I didn't really. WOT is only 5 seconds when driving uphill. I will test the pressure again when dry warm road will be available. Otherwise I can't give it full throttle no matter what the speed is. Thanks for the tip on the pressure.

Built as a daily driver and being used as one. Dirty but alive. Can't imagine it sitting in a garage most of the time.

677427cs-960.jpg

a9f427cs-960.jpg

Built as a daily driver and being used as one. Dirty but alive. Can't imagine it sitting in a garage most of the time.

677427cs-960.jpg

a9f427cs-960.jpg

What a beautiful place and yeah- that car is SUPER COOL. I love it because it's so different to what I'm used to seeing. Really cool.

Thanks!!!
Unfortunately, folks here are sort of used to its looks.
896125288.jpg
d7749575d075636fb8352b5cfd9feae7.jpg

max_hoz_1272439736.jpg

My signature can shed some light onto what comes to one's mind when he sees a Volga in the "24" body

Last edited:
I think the cars look great, they're different and I like that. I have recently been looking for a Lada Niva 4x4. I'll never find or afford one in the USA though. Can you imagine one of those with a 1uz? Cool pics of your land

Thanks!! Would be nice to see your place in your build thread as well
Regarding Niva 4x4 with 1UZ, there's actually one in NZ or Australia. Not very cool. Better idea would be making one suitable for driving, not only offroading. Without overengineering. 120hp, 4 speed auto and CV joint axles would be quite enough

Decided to try a couple glasspacks (3.5x30" , 2.25" pipe), with h-pipe . Looks like no one yet tried that sort of setup on a 1uz. Will update the thread with results if that will be a win )

The 2->1 joint spoils it in my opinion. Sounds like some bmw or I don't know what (
The welds and piping is indeed very well done. At least compared to what I'm used to seeing on my local boards. Got signs of sketching and planning beforehand ))

That's exactly what I've been constantly told about my old exhaust )

Test drive revealed medium droning at 60-80 km/h , almost comfortable at 100-120km/h , but overall, way too loud. Low end torque is apparently better, I could immediately notice it.

Laws wise, it's surely a police attractor, no matter if I'm easy on the gas or not. Relocating the exhaust is allowed here , as long as it does not cross fuel lines (so mine is outlaw). I just didn't want to spend too much on stainless piping before I come up with final configuration. Now I know that
-some sort of resonators is a must
-dual exhaust sounds way better at low to mid RPM but it sounds dull at high rpm
-side exits of exhaust system have nothing to do with exhaust smell in the cabin
-volume level would be acceptable if I remove the droning

the stub pipe resonators do work
the difference is amazing

killed the drone (130Hz) just to reveal a number of smaller resonances, which spoil the sound greatly.

The 1/4 wave resonators after some test drive on our ever-dirty roads

fdceea2s-960.jpg

2bceea2s-960.jpg

47ceea2s-960.jpg

and the resulting sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zFM7wGUeo8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znkOMxPlFZM

The chambers are tuned to 130Hz (72cm considering exhaust temp of about 100 deg.C). The spectrum of resulting cabin noise:
1d3eea2s-960.jpg

so there's definitely a number of resonance peaks left, but 130 and 260Hz are well suppressed and after the engine has warmed up, it's quite comfortable inside the cabin