1UZ vs VVTI 1UZ (wiring?)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MWP

Hi all,

Im finally at the point where i need to seriously consider engine options from my RA28.
Really, there are only two options, the 1UZ and the later VVTI 1UZ.

Im going fully road engineered and RTA approved with this car, so the 1UZ (which ever flavor i choose) will need to run on the factory ECU to pass.

Now, my question is... how difficult will it be to get the VVTI 1UZ running on its factory ECU?
Do these use the coded key immobilizer, multiple ECUs all over the place, etc, etc?

Does anyone have wiring diagrams for any 1UZ VVTI powered Toyota?

... i am an Electronic Tech, so im really after specifics on where problems will be.
The smaller problems i shouldnt have any problem working out myself.

Thanks y'all!

There are three models in the USA used the 1UZFE VVTi. They were produced between 1998 to 2000. Those are SC400, LS400 and GS400. However, you will also need to know which model was your engine comes from. Secondly, it would be hard to find ecu for VVTi in both USA and other countries.

Hey,

If you let me know more specifically what you need, I could get you wiring diagrams for USA Toyota and/or Lexus vehicles. I’m a tech at a Toyota dealer in North Carolina.

Let me know.

Woah, thats an awesome offer, thankyou!!!

I would be after the wiring diagrams for the JDM UZS-151 Crown Majesta.

Having these would make the 1UZ VVTI conversion a real possibility!

MWP,

I have no idea what the JDM UZS-151 Crown Majesta is, but I could do the 98-2000 LS, GS, or SC as Lextreme suggested.

Would be best to know if the Crown is more similar to one USA model or another. Can't imagine there being too many differences between any of them, at least not where engine management is concerned.

Personally, I'd probably go without the VVTi, not worth all the extra hassle.