1uz turbo/super charger on a budget

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zukijames

i know cheap and turbo and 1uz shouldn't be in the same topic or even on the same website .

but i was wondering if there is anyone on here running low budget turbo's..

parts from wrecking yards, ebay, make your own,

keeping stock ecu,no intercooler ?

and had good results..not just hp results but a cheap set up that is still reliable..

any links to builds or more info would be greatly appreciated thanks guys

I have looked into it and it seems as though the cheapest option is to supercharge with the m90 or i think m122 superchargers. The m90 seems to be fairly common one ebay etc. I worked out I could supercharge a 1uz for between $1500-2500 if I did most of the fabrication like inlet manifold myself - I can weld aluminium - not pretty but it sticks together.

I have looked into it and it seems as though the cheapest option is to supercharge with the m90 or i think m122 superchargers. The m90 seems to be fairly common one ebay etc. I worked out I could supercharge a 1uz for between $1500-2500 if I did most of the fabrication like inlet manifold myself - I can weld aluminium - not pretty but it sticks together.

i would think a low boost turbo could be set up cheaper.

i would think a low boost turbo could be set up cheaper.

I think it really comes down to what you can and can't make yourself if you want to do it on the cheap as you would have to make or get made turbo manifolds. I didn't really look into turbos as I am putting a 1uz into a hilux and there isn't really room for turbos in the engine bay.

Cheers
James

Or you could just supercharge it.

On my MKIII supra, I put a holset HX35 I had sitting around awhile, flipped the manifolds and made a y-pipe. I had to figure out an oiling system though.

On my SC4, I just recently supercharged it. I bought the fish bracket and Vortech V2 all secondhand for $1100.00. I had to get an electric fan, supply oil lines. So far so good.

well, I went with Midinchina Turbos and inter-cooler and fittings and and and... well pretty much everything comes from China, except for the clutch and the wilwood calipers. and all the stuff I made myself. But even the clutch is not new....:eek: so I guess I can be looked upon as being a cheap-scate. :D

Although I can honestly say it don't feel very cheap,:mad:

Already spent ten times the engine's purchase price on it and the car's brakes....

A few years ago, I run dual Garrett T03's with .69 AR from 5sp Ford turbo coupes. Robust turbo's, easy to find in the junk yards, and can push about 350rwhp each. I had just over 600 rwhp on a Mustang dyno with my 5.9L Mopar at 13psi.

There are options out there, just learn to read a compressor map, and know what you are looking for. My turbos cost $100 each, $200 for a set of shorty headers, and another $50 in exhaust tubing. I already had an aftermarket fuel injection system. So, for less then $500, I was over 600hp.

And, every story has a down side..... I ran lean, just for a split second. Didn't have a wideband o2 installed. Ka-boom. Detonation rocked my world instantly, and my block literally blew into two large peices.

There is cheap, and there is stupid. Try to understand both before you get to either.

i run m112..cost £250 new..ebay.

the rest i made..bought new belt,and a couple of pulleys and decent afterarket fuel reg...so about £350 all in....ebay is your friend.

now 2 yrs old...runs fine,though getting belt slip now..maybe time for a new belt..

running 8psi cos on standard ecu and now diy meth/water injection..(£30)

car is range rover..i toe it...its covered well over 20000miles since s/c fitted..

FIT WB a/f meter...!! i run lpg (propane) 99% of the time..=no pre detonation.108ron..lovely..

all back yard stuff..even the lpg..