1uz to patrol gearbox

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bimbo

Iam looking at the possibily of putting a 1uz into a patrol chassis and wondering if there are readily available parts to fit them together? I have only found a few people that have done it on the net but no details of how the box and engine where mated, pressure plate and clutch setups. Any Ideas?

Cheers
James

This sounds expensive and time consuming. I would have thought the Nissan V8 would be a better option and it will pretty well bolt straight up.
Ric

The nissan v8 is also an option but I am putting a Hilux body on the patrol chassis and would prefer it when you open the bonnet to look like a factory fitted engine. I am also unsure if it would even fit in the engine bay as they are a tight fit into a GQ. You also still need an adapter to fit the 5speed patrol box.

do you know which series tranny the patrol chasis has, because that would clear things up a lot. If it's originally a toyota transmission odds are I have an adaptor plate that will work.

I am not sure what series boxes came out with the GQ patrol but it looks like they are behine the 3lt and 4.2ltr petrol engines. I assume that they are also behind diesel as well - I havn't bought the car yet just weighing up options.

The other option is to go for the standard Toyota R series box and transfer case which is much more common and easy to get conversion parts for but if possible I would like to keep as many standard parts as I can.

Cheers
James

Do some research and figure out what box you have. You're going to have to find out regardless of what you do.
also if you can get pics of thransmission I could possibly identify it for you.

I will be using the gearbox with comes behing the small diesel (2.8L) and the RB30 petrol engine as it is a smaller box but should hold up to the 1uz. I will see I can find out what the code is for them

Cheers
James

oh it's that shitty nissan tranny lol. do yourself a favor and ditch it.
they handle tons of hp, but aren't built to take the shock of the instant torque a v8 provides.

What about the larger tranny behind the 4.2L petrol engine (TB42), would it be a better choice if it will fit or should I just use the r series toyota box?

Cheers
James

isnt the nissan v8 abit nicer engine
the later 41 not the 45

landcruiser 1hdte in patrol
holden 6lt v8 supercharged into patrol

1uz should be similar conversion i guess

have u rung marks 4x4 for bellhousings
most kits u buy from a shop will be up the ass
come to think of it the whole conversion wont be cheap
unless u keep gbox mods to minimum so u dont have to stuff
around with tailshafts and bellhousings

isnt the nissan v8 abit nicer engine
the later 41 not the 45

landcruiser 1hdte in patrol
holden 6lt v8 supercharged into patrol
the nissan v8's are a bit too wide for the hilux body I think - also cost alot more than the 1uz and not as common so I imagine a bit harder to get parts for if I am too far from home and I would love the 6lt but no way can I pay for one of those with my budget build.
From an aesthetics point I would also prefer to open the hood on the hilux and see a toyota engine which looks like it was fitted at the factory. If there isn't enough getup and go from it or I am not happy with the tourque doown low I can easily stick a low psi blower on it.

have u rung marks 4x4 for bellhousings
most kits u buy from a shop will be up the ass
come to think of it the whole conversion wont be cheap
unless u keep gbox mods to minimum so u dont have to stuff
around with tailshafts and bellhousings

I have't rung marks/crs/dellows yet but have checked out their websites and catalouges and there only seems to be kits/adapters to fir 1uz to toyota gearboxes. If I can get an adapter or bellhousing I will probably source clutch/flywheel etc myself. I am also going to fabricate all of the engine mounts, gearbox mounts myself so that I can sit the motor where I want it.
I want to keep the car with as fewer mish mashed pieces as possible so that down the track when parts break or wear out I can get replacements easily - keeping the patrol box whould mean one less part to confuse me down the track.

Cheers
James

Any other ideas or should I just stick with the tried and tested toyota r series boxes? The other thing I would have to sort out is the handbrake if using the toyota box as the patrol has a transfer case mounted handbrake. There are a few aftermarket options but it is another cost and I would have to clear it with the engineer.

Cheers
James

what about using one of the commercially available flywheels and using a 2.8d patrol clutch disk, hydraulic thowout bearing, standard 1uz bellhousing and make up an adapter plate to go from bellhousing to gearbox?

Patrol clutch disc is 240mm (9 1/2 inches) diameter and has the same spline count as the larger 4.2L gearbox I want to use.

Cheers
James

Hi how's it going .just joined from Ireland I'm thinking of putting a 1uz into a Nissan y61 patrol parts are very cheap in ireland donor y61 in very good shape only 2k and donor ls 400 about 500 euro so I'm after some advice.im only figuring my way around the site .not the best with computers:)so any help would be great.thanks