1uz to 1st & 2nd gen v6 chassis mounts?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dulobast25

Anyone make a set of mounts to mate the 1uz to the 1st or 2nd ghen 4 runner v6 mount locations? I dont have a wlder or anything like that, And thisis where my project will likely get stopped. Ive had my 4runner for 4 years without a motor and I want to get it started. I'm running the r151 tranny, phil bradshaw adapter, 1uz un clocked bell, 3vz cluitch and pressure plate, and I want to keep the tranny in the stock location. I would prefer to keep the truck stock from the tranny forwaqd without cuilding or cuttign new driveshafts, moutn brackets etc. The truck is an 1988 4runner 4x4. I want to keep it 4x4. Once I get th engine dropped in i'm golden. SOmeone help me ouit. If you have these or have the pattersn, let me know. Even if you have a set you didn't use I masy be ablet o use them, mark the locations and maybe take it to a muffler shop to have it welded, etc.

mounts

thanks for the reply. I dont think I can affors over $200, however for a set of mounts. And I think the us conversiona t this point mayb be higher in us, right now, but I have to check.

I thank you for the point out. It looks like They still want me to move my tranny back, etc. They want $200 to shorten my rear driveshaft plus another 100 to lenghten the front then i would need a relicatred tranny mount, plus these brackets.....

If you're trying to do a 1uz engine conversion on the cheap, you will end up with an unreliable and potentially unsafe finished product.

It takes a lot of skill (and trial and error) to build a good reliable conversion, so it's better to pay for a well proven solution (in this case Gloverman's engine mounts) than to hack together your own.

Also, it will probably cost you more than $200USD to get some made locally (unless they've made mounts for the exact same conversion before and have the template), and you still may require further modifications at additional cost.

I don't know what shipping to the US will cost, but I don't think that's a bad price considering the headaches it will save me. I'll be in touch with gloverman for sure as I get closer to doing my swap.

mounts

If you're trying to do a 1uz engine conversion on the cheap, you will end up with an unreliable and potentially unsafe finished product.

It takes a lot of skill (and trial and error) to build a good reliable conversion, so it's better to pay for a well proven solution (in this case Gloverman's engine mounts) than to hack together your own.

Also, it will probably cost you more than $200USD to get some made locally (unless they've made mounts for the exact same conversion before and have the template), and you still may require further modifications at additional cost.

believe me, i have no intention of building anythuing that is unsafe or unreliable. And after doing a 240sx engine into an 88 hardbody and a 7mgte in a mk1 supra, believe me, i know how much trial an error there is. All i'm saying is that after modifying mounts and driveshafts plus engine mounts (that may still need to be modified, based on what the ad states, I would be out over $6oo just on mounting alone, which add another $200 and thats the price of another 1uz. And still wont have the guarantee that I won't still have to modify the mounts still. I shelled out the $300 fro the r151 to 1uz adapter, plenty of cash ont he bell, custom flywheel, etc already, so I'm not trying to "rig" a swap, but I'm not made of money either, especially when I still have to mod the brackets that show up. I'm sure the brackets will save an assload of time, but $325-375 for a pair of mounts is a little rich for my blood, thats all. I expect to be hit again and again on radiators, ac, fan shrouds and the like so I'm nit living an illusion.

This has nothing to do with the swap but more with the shipping. I have sent a few sets of steel mounts (UZ to MKIII) to both Aus. and NZ and from Florida to both via USPS priority Mail its about $45 usd. and from here to Cali, it was only about $20 if I recall correctly so I would suspect that from NZ to you in Cali, it would only be about $20 to $25 for shipping.

It will be more expensive as there is less freight ..
Cams from Kelford to Aussie from memory was around $180 AU..
Yes they are heavier and larger ..
I have imported an S475 Borge Warner turbo weighing 48Lb U.S to Aussie..
The freight was $200au.. U.S freight is cheaper..

nice

This has nothing to do with the swap but more with the shipping. I have sent a few sets of steel mounts (UZ to MKIII) to both Aus. and NZ and from Florida to both via USPS priority Mail its about $45 usd. and from here to Cali, it was only about $20 if I recall correctly so I would suspect that from NZ to you in Cali, it would only be about $20 to $25 for shipping.

cool, well teh ad includes fright for buy it now, but I bet he wont ship to the us for free..I'll check.
Good lookin out.
may beable to get away with 30-40 max plus 185...cool.