1UZ Throttle body on 3UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TomDK

Hi

As the title says.
Is this possible, putting the 1uz throttle body on a 3uz.
Reason for this would of course be to have the cable operated throttle body instead of electronics.

Have to find a new engine, as the 1uz I had bought turned out to be in a horrible state.

Will be running Megasquirt ECU.

Why not put a nicer aftermarket throttle body on if you are using an aftermarket throttle body? An early 1uz TB will need some adaption, a 1uz vvti TB bolts on but is still DBW even though it has a cable.

What aftermarket TB would you suggest then? Was only considering the 1uz TB as I now have one lying around with no use of it :)

Last 3uz I did with non stock Tb I used a 90mm aftermarket unit. I only did that as it was going to New Caledonia and i wasn't sure of their skills over there setting up the DBW if settings needed changing. Personally i like the stock 3uz unit. Sets up nicely with a good ecu. Fast operation and plenty of pedals which are available these days.

Okay, ca see that it's nok hard to find a 90mm aftermarket TB. But are all bolt patterns universal?

Just so much easier with the 1uz.... :)

The universal aftermarket Throttle bodies (well over here anyway) come with a flange to adapt onto the engine. As you haven't stated which 1uz throttle body you have I dont know about bolt pattern. If you have a 1uz VVti DBW throttle body they do bolt on but still have electronics or if you have a Gen 1 or Gen 2 then they are a different pattern and would need an adaptor anyway. I did a video on youtube which might help

Cheers

Was about to ask the same thing. Thanks for the tip, gloverman!

By the way, new guy here! Whenever I'm taking a break from this particular interest, I'm usually found at home, treating my Pomeranian to his dog bone and watching TV with my brother. Such a simple, yet, happy life. Cheers, everyone!

Last edited:
Last 3uz I did with non stock Tb I used a 90mm aftermarket unit. I only did that as it was going to New Caledonia and i wasn't sure of their skills over there setting up the DBW if settings needed changing. Personally i like the stock 3uz unit. Sets up nicely with a good ecu. Fast operation and plenty of pedals which are available these days.
Hi How would I use the current 3Uz unit but converting it to cable without replacing the whole unit etc. Thank you

Okay how would I do it is what I was after the engine not going in your wagon.

Jamie, I think Gloverman was pretty clear that he doesn't do this type of conversion, and I doubt that anyone else on this forum has either, so I think you're on your own if you want to go this way.