1UZ swap in 91 4Runner

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

usmcracing

I'm going to be getting a 94 SC400 with 106k miles, engine runs and sounds really good. I'm going to part the rest of the car out but there isn't much left. The big question I have right now is, What all do I need off of the SC400 to get the 1UZ to run right? I know I need the ECU and the wiring harness.
How much is a good auto trans warth for a SC400 (106k miles)?

The wiring it up to run RIGHT really makes me want to hold off this swap till my 3.Slow is dead. I've heard the Venom Cobra's wiring harness is the way to go. Is this the wiring off the engine or all the wiring from the engine to the ECU? Account has been suspended - H-Sphere
Is this something that is a must have? cause it's not cheap.

How much of the stock 4Runner's wiring is used/retained?

Once I pull the 3.0 I want to get the 4Runner back on the road with the least amount of down time I can.

Here's another big problem I think I'm going to have with my swap. My 4Runner was in a wreck. I rear ended a F150 and my Rad support is pushed back alittle. So I'm planning on mounting the engine as far back as I can because I already have clearance issues with the 3.Slow and Ford Taurus electric fan. I thought about cutting the rad support and moving the rad. forward but my winch/bumper isn't going to allow much room to do so and I want to retain my AC.
How much longer is the 1UZ then the 3.0?
Is there room to mount the 1UZ back about a inch?

Thanks for any tips and help you guys can offer.
Steven
DSCF1339.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg
DSCF0060.jpg
DSCF0065.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you have a donor car, I just suggest using the loom out of the SC. That's what I plan on doing to cut costs. I came pretty close to selling my auto for 500 bucks but didn't have time to pull it.

I should be picking the SC400 up next weekend. I'm waiting to hear back from Jeff at Dellow's about the bell, flywheel, and misc. parts needed mate my R150 trans to the 1UZ. I'm also waiting to hear from VenomCobra's about the wiring loom price. One big thing with both of these guys is the shipping from Au to the US. I wish this swap take on here in the US like the d*mn GM 350 swaps that you see everything.

How are the stock replacement r150 clutches holding up behind the 1UZ cause I just changed mine out a couple of months ago.