1uz power steering question.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

pejsa

i swapped a 1uz into my nissan truck and used 240sx front steering and suspension, i have an ls400 power steering pump plumbed to the 240sx steering rack through a cooler.

after a few hot laps the power steering becomes super hard, almost like i have no power steering at all.

i already plan on upgrading to a larger cooler, but I'm also wondering if anyone knows where i can source a smaller PS pump pulley?

or if there are any other things you would suggest?

picture for enjoyment.

DSCN2134_zps5fd30119.jpg

Just noticed your thread, I had a bit of trouble with my power steering , and found that if I started the engine then removed the power steering filler cap , then wound the steering back and forths a lot ( I mean ALOT ) air bubbles would accumulate in the resouvoir . The pump whines abit during all of this , you have to add fluid ( you will loose some to) . But the steering came right finally

The cooler should be placed AFTER the steering rack so it only sees low pressure (fluid retuning to the pump) fluid as coolers were never made to handle the sort of pressure a power steering pump generates.

Yeah like zuffen said make sure the cooler is plumbed on the return side between the reservoir nipple and rack. My guess is your problem is overheating/aerating the fluid. Had same issue on my corolla before I plumbed in a 4age engine oil cooler then never had a problem again (after getting all the air in the system out)