The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mossy1

Hi from Australia, I think I've been reading these forums since the mid 2000's when I was considering putting a 1UZ into one of my mx5's but I ended up selling my first supercharged mx5 and after that my turbo mx5.

I was sports car free for a few years until 2009 when I bought a datsun 240z, probably ended up being around a 4 year full restoration project, I don't drive it a whole lot but Im very happy to have it just sitting in my garage.

The mx5 bug has bitten again and I still want to put a 1UZ into an mx, theres a lot more information floating around now but still have to speak to engineers to find out whats legal, hopefully I'll get started in the next 6 to 12 months and enjoy another project!

Welcome to the Forum.

I know this swap has been done before but it will be a tight fit.

Keep us posted on what you plan and when you start doing the swap.

There are some very helpful people on here.

I'm seriously considering doing this as well. The 1UZ is the only decent V8 that you can legally put in an MX5 here in Australia. NB8A can get a 1UZ VVT-i and NB8B can go 3UZ VVT-i according to the capacity limits.

So far I've found a couple of build threads which show it is possible, but not a whole lot of detail.

How is it going? Im gonna attempt this swap also.
Unfortunately circumstances have changed and I'm getting my 240z engine rebuilt and haven't been in a position to get another mx5. I'll get another eventually but I don't think it will be anytime soon.

There are a few other excellent engine choices which are bolt in for the mx5, obviously the LS v8 and also the LFX 6 cylinder out of the camaro but missing the great engine note of the 1UZ.

This transplant seems very nicely done
http://www.themotorhood.com/themotorhood/2018/5/25/hyper-stylish-1uz-stuffed-mx-5