1uz into Starlet

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
sorry to bring up an old thread:shock: Just starting to think about this conversion, I have a donated KP60 and a 1uzfe from a friend who builds/tunes ECU's

are there any details anywhere with this conversion? pics or hints.

Cheers, Ken.

Yeah maybe a bit sick, but wot a ride. It's been done (I've seen some pics).

My friend (the ecu builder) has a 1uzfe in a hb viva.

I've always liked Starlets so I thought a combination of both would be cool. Just want a quick reliable road car.

Ken.

I have a KP61 Starlet in Dunedin New Zealand with a 4AGE Twin Delorto's Extractors etc It fly's Wow what a ride a V8 one would be
There was one that was raced years ago with a 2.5 Oldmobile V8 Roger Freaths Car It just won every race it was in

I have a KP61 Starlet in Dunedin New Zealand with a 4AGE Twin Delorto's Extractors etc It fly's Wow what a ride a V8 one would be
There was one that was raced years ago with a 2.5 Oldmobile V8 Roger Freaths Car It just won every race it was in

Yeah Trevor Crowes car awesome huh!!

I'm not looking for an all out racer just quick enuf and the rumble.

Ken.

I have been seriously thinking about doing this for quite a few years now, since I have two kp61's and two extra 1uz's but I am really wondering if the car would be good for anything besides a drag car. All that weight up front and the short wheelbase probably would be a major task to get it very street worthy.

Does anyone have an opinion? What I am looking for here is someone to convince me that this would be a good idea.:)

the weight of a 2tc or even 3tc isn't TONNES more than a 1uz in a car like this
i'm building a car that i can drive everyday(hint hint.. it's a toyota)
it will have a 1uz, an r154, and a shortened 4 runner rear end..
you get the idea..
i'm not planning to do tonnes more than most of the suspension work i'de be doing to the car with a 3tc/2tc/2tg/3tgte/2tgw3tcblock
i'm following everything i'de be doing regardless.. but i'm putting in a 1uz..
there's also another corolla on here (smcorolla) his is built for turning
i say do it
it woudl be nuts
you've got rack and pinion to start with.. so there's a chunk of the battle solved!
i say just go for it!
you've got the engines.. and in the end you'de have a couple REAL neat cars
one NA and one turdbo'd..
paint them the same colour.. make them look exactly the same.. and then mess with people.. lol.. one day it's turbo next day it's not.. lol that would be funny
anyhow.. i say go for it!