1UZ into MA70 Supra with W58 Manual Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I have had to remove the R154 from my 1UZ 3 or 4 times over the last 3 years. The top 2 bell housing bolts are tricky to reach but other then that its not bad with jacks under the front 2 corners. Clutch change last spring took about 2 hours. W58 is smaller and lighter then my R154, should be a afternoon type project to go off and back on. I am still using the R154 pull type clutch setup and unbolting the pressure plate from the flywheel is probably the most annoying part of the job. A good Hydraulic throw out is definitely a good way to go. I will be switching to a Hydraulic setup myself when I switch to a Tilton triple plate clutch.

I have had to remove the R154 from my 1UZ 3 or 4 times over the last 3 years. The top 2 bell housing bolts are tricky to reach but other then that its not bad with jacks under the front 2 corners. Clutch change last spring took about 2 hours. W58 is smaller and lighter then my R154, should be a afternoon type project to go off and back on. I am still using the R154 pull type clutch setup and unbolting the pressure plate from the flywheel is probably the most annoying part of the job. A good Hydraulic throw out is definitely a good way to go. I will be switching to a Hydraulic setup myself when I switch to a Tilton triple plate clutch.

How much heavier is an R154 compared to a W58??? My W58 is so light, i can lift it over my head.

I'm very late to the party (searched to find this thread), but am curious how well a W55/58 with aftermarket clutch will hold the torque of a 1UZ-FE motor? I'll search for my answer elsewhere but figured it tied into this thread well.

Perhaps the OP knows the answer to this by now if he completed the swap as planned? :)

Hi guys,
I and my friend's wont do first swap 1UZ to MKIII supra in our country.
We have 1uz, housing and W58 already and many parts from toyotas, like 3sgte and 7M fly wheel, clutch etc. so we do not want use kits like quantum auto because they price with shipping and import taxes are much for as.

Can you advise me with question: which from OE parts will be best for use?

that will be nice, i told about you to friends and we are interesting about your light flywheel and maybe all kits to W58 bat we are interesting about .dxf file of adapter on ebay, that will be cheap for as, so we maybe will buy only other part of kit.

Did you know how is it this sketch with quality of measurement and centering and throwout bearing adaptor?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200320526425?item=200320526425&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESELX:IT&vxp=mtr

i have a few question about some part of your kit, but it is plenty of time, i need save some money, world wide shipping to central europe isn't cheap, for example your flywheel cost 275$ but with shipping etc. is for me like 350$ at least