1UZ into falcon? has BEEN DONE all updates here

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
we are using a hilux dash with a cable an the backup sensor from the cluster hooked to sp1 white/violet, I think I am missing a supply to the gear pos switch as Im not getting inputs back to ecu for gear position

got jaycar speedo correcter to work so using one for speedo and another off the same transducer to the ecu to set shift points, works a treat, how did you connect up the xg tank sender to xf dash? it only has 2 wires an one of them is black so I presume its earth? xf has supply + & - and signal out

hi-lex said:
got jaycar speedo correcter to work so using one for speedo and another off the same transducer to the ecu to set shift points, works a treat, how did you connect up the xg tank sender to xf dash? it only has 2 wires an one of them is black so I presume its earth? xf has supply + & - and signal out
those jaycar kits sound great, i got an 8 pulse transducer now and speedoo is out less than 5% happy with that, in that case the manual and auto have the same speedo ratio,

the XG tank was already wired up by the guy who did the ute conversion originally, it cant be too hard? but you will need the resister changed in it for it to give a near enough reading, again sorry as i didn't do this myself, i got the local instrument mob to do it for Me
Ray is the guy who sorted a lot of it, his son Craig knows a little about it?
if you call mention Dean with the Falcon with Lexus V8 he will know who you are talking about.
DURRAN SPEEDO & INSTRUMENTS
125 Melbourne Rd Rippleside 3215
(03) 5278 7822

latest pic of engine bay, might update this pic later as i took it in the dark(flash works well)
i dont think much will change until i fit the Criuse control and and LPgas system, i have fitted the alloy header tank behind the airfilter assy, the air con hose now modified so just needs me to ffit the new Orings, wire up a relay and get it gassed, i have a pice of stainless tube to fix up the top radiator hose, will fit that soon.
latestXE.jpg

Attachments

• jordy's-1.JPG
    jordy's-1.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 5
  • jordy's-2.JPG
    jordy's-2.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 5
XE falcon fuel economy 1UZ and W57 with 3.45diff

My falcon returned, 12litres per 100 km on the last run, 400 kms for 48litres (tank size is 80L i think?)mostly 100kmh at 2400rpm in 5th but a few really good squirts from takeoff and various other bits of accelerating. i reckon if i was careful i could improve it to 11 litres per100km

deankdx said:
My falcon returned, 12litres per 100 km on the last run,
economy seems to average 12 litres per 100km no matter what, did 500km the last tank with suburban driving and still used 60 litres, unfortuanly petrol being about $1.50 a litre it is not cheap to run. so Lpg will happpen sooner or later.
Here is a pic of how it is at the moment, not much changed since last report.
DSCF2184.jpg

Good work. The standard auto must sap a few kw as 125rwkw is very respectable with a w58 manaul in your setup. Nice and neat job. Will keep in touch and have to meet up at Calder one night. Im looking for a set of 26-9-15 drag slicks first. c ya kris......

Had a bit of a run with a bloke at work who has a manual Gen3 SS commodore(VT i think?) his car very slowly pulls away upto high 3rd gear speed, where i noticed i had a vibration start in the tailshaft(NOT AGAIN,)

so i cruised home along the highway and there was no vibration, took it to the tailshaft joint and asked if they would look at it. up it went on th ehoist and bugger me, the tailshaft has bottomed out on the tunnel at the diff end.
i remember this happening now, it was a few months back when i gave it some stick and slammed second gear and it made a huge thump, this would have been when the contact was made the car doesnt wheelspin much and squats down in the rear under hard acceleration. the tailshaft bloke reckons although the scratching of the paint is not extreme, the tailshaft could now be out of balance due to the initial hard thump into the tunnel, i have not lowered this car and the springs are heavy duty ones also, as are the shocks..

getting sick of this sort of thing, its not engineered yet, i would like to chop the tunnel a bit and raise it so the tailshaft has room even if i lower it the car. but engineer might not like it? the tailshaft guy says if it was painted all up an engineer would not be looking for that possibility as it is as its got LOTS of clearance.

i wonder what this car is worth?. might consider selling if i get a reasonable offer? owes close to $10,000 at a guess expecting closer to half that though.

OFFERED FOR SALE, expressions of interest invited

Gday,
lots of info in this thread, not many pics anymore though,
i cant relly be stuffed finishing this project, as i really want to buy a 4WD and also need some cash to paint the outside of My house and fix some other house problems, looking particularly for serious offers over $5000, the car was RWC in January before the V8 was fitted has $1000 of nolathane bushes, 3.45 LSD P/S air should work once gassed?. manual conversion is less than 3000km old, cost near abouts $2000, plus 5speed supra box, Lexus Motor runs perfect suposedly has less than 150,000kms.
car itself could easily be converted to a Ford running gear over a weekend, nothing cut exept couple of coil wires etc.
the running gear would almost be a bolt in to a Hilux with W series gearbox, easily removed now. (would need a different sump)
i havent been for engineers check though it was seen in the Ute before i killed it, it should pass with not much work to do. i have had a couple of races with Gen 3 powered SS commos, and it is Very closely matched performance wise. uses 12L per 100km wih the 2400@rpm 5th gear, could be better with the W58 box instead of the W57 fitted.
feel free to ask Questions
thanks Dean

Geelong.jpg

DSCF2184.jpg

hi dont u think its good to put the lexus in xf ute
is a ford diff ok?
what sort pf mounts did u use

Hi this setup was originally in a Ford XF ute with the auto, i already had a Ute so when the tailshaft broke i reshelled it into a sedan.
i reckon a 3.5 ratio is good for these motors, 2.92 is too tall, falcon LSD will be strong enough.
What is a pf Mount?