1UZ into bundy (AUSSIE)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hey mate, i have a cut down bundera i use it for hardcore 4wding and comps the specs are:

Engine: 1uzfe
Gbox: Ford C4 auto
transfer: Atlas 2 speed
diffs: 80 series landcruiser
ill post a pic up!

now to yours, what are you planning on doin with yours? airbags arnt going to be the best thing for 4wding you realise?
if you want to do some proper 4wding you'll need to put springs back in.

stock 80s FRONT springs in all 4 corners of a bundy will give you around 4" lift.
if you need some info shoot me an email! its on my webpage
www.energizedracing.com

Cheers

this is mine ;) oh its on 40" treps
bundy-1.jpg

Hey mate, i have a cut down bundera i use it for hardcore 4wding and comps the specs are:

Engine: 1uzfe
Gbox: Ford C4 auto
transfer: Atlas 2 speed
diffs: 80 series landcruiser
ill post a pic up!

now to yours, what are you planning on doin with yours? airbags arnt going to be the best thing for 4wding you realise?
if you want to do some proper 4wding you'll need to put springs back in.

stock 80s FRONT springs in all 4 corners of a bundy will give you around 4" lift.
if you need some info shoot me an email! its on my webpage
www.energizedracing.com

Cheers

im not gunna be doing comps im just doing it for a wikid weekend warrior and daily driver lol and a few trips down the beach

why are the airbags no good for 4wding? the bloke who had it before put them in and he was doing comps over here

mate airbags are going to restrict the amount of suspension travel you can get as they are normally fixed both top and bottom.

like i said if you want some help or ideas let me know! if you want to give me and idea exactly what you plan on doing and a budget i would be happy to give you my opinion on what should suit!

Cheers
Evan

woot woot just picked up my seats and door trims that im gunna try to modify to fit in the ol girl

they are out of a vt clubsport and are the nice comfy coulsons XD haha gunna be a
b!tch to get in but it will be worth it im thinking of make up brackets out of 6mm x (30 or 40mm) steel flatbar and maybe gunna try fit in the back seats too if its possible to do legally

ok so turns out i had to get rid of the clubby seats so that ideas out the window so now after xmas im going to be saving up for a v8 100 series landcruiser gearbox (h151f) which will bolt straight up to my 1uzfe and save me using adapters and such and should easily handle the power considering they can handle the 2uzfe which is a 4.7 L v8

as for the bundy im still in the process of stripping it down as i keep getting side tracked with other projects ( my motorbike and my mates 80 series cutback to extracab)

yeah getting there slowly havent been able to do much without coin for it i did manage to strip all the wiring harness out of the bundy and the dash
but im getting some prices on an 80 series gearbox and the bellhousing from a v8 hundred series which will bolt the two together with standard parts

hopefully tax time is good this year and should help my little project along a bit lol

So are you saying that we can bolt the 80 series GB to the 1UZfe using a 100 series Bellhousing? That would be great.

Can an auto be bolted up using an 100 series auto bellhousing?

as far as i can work out the 1uzfe and the 2uzfe both have the same block but the 2uz is cast iron instead of alloy like the 1uz is so i dont see why not im planning on trying this out myself before i start tellign everyone it works lol

the 2uzfe is the PETROL v8 in certain 100 series the uzj100 i believe which came out with ONLY an automatic gearbox

in AUSTRALIA (and a few other countries i think) we got a uzj105 series with a manual gearbox

i also believe the new diesel v8s MIGHT and i stress this point MIGHT have the same block aswell i havent had the chance to check it out but i know they use the same h151f gearboxes and that the starter motor is also in the valley same as the 1/2uzfe's

if anyone else has any info about the stuff i just said and have mostly assumed fell free to correct me and share ur knowledge

it would make mods so easy. As i could take the 2uz auto from the 100 and fit it to the 1UZ. IT would make a strong drive line for a bundy.

All is not lost.. Having gone from workshop to teaching (which sucked big time) and now into mining if you can get one a box from a VDJ76/79 is the solver of problems. Now all you have to do is find one that doesn't break the bank

All is not lost.. Having gone from workshop to teaching (which sucked big time) and now into mining if you can get one a box from a VDJ76/79 is the solver of problems. Now all you have to do is find one that doesn't break the bank

are you serious mate? ive been trying to find out if the diesel v8 bellhousing bolt pattern is the same as the 1/2uz and everyone ive asked has said that they are different

The bell housing is totally different but the box uses the same housing (case) as the R series box so once input shaft length is confirmed then you'd use a KS Racing bell or similar and away you go. Not having had a box out of a VDJ yet I can't tell you what that length is but Toyota in Kal may be able to help you there

The bell housing is totally different but the box uses the same housing (case) as the R series box so once input shaft length is confirmed then you'd use a KS Racing bell or similar and away you go. Not having had a box out of a VDJ yet I can't tell you what that length is but Toyota in Kal may be able to help you there

so the VDJ gearboxes have the same housing pattern as an R series box but arent an R series box?
the ones we have at work ive checked have all had h150 on the vin number...
this gets rather confusing sometimes

Yes..

While the earlier H series boxes were not that robust (i.e 80 or 100 series) I beleive that they were beefed up for the 1VD engines. My company has about 200 79s out on hire and some do cop a hiding esp in the coal mines. No gearbox problems but a few diffs have been blown. So gearbox and transfer from a VDJ76/79, make up some engine mounts and you're done