1uz into 95 2wd lux (Project Diary)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bansheebuzz

Ok Hi All. My name is mark, im an auto elec and have decieded to go down the path of a 1uz conversion into my work ute, which is a 95 single cab 2X4 Hilux. Original running gear is 22r with 5 speed manual.

The project started with alot of reaserch from the net via lextreme and toymods mainly. Then the purchase of a front sump, crown majesta half cut was purchased. The running gear was removed from the cut. I split the auto from the block as i was not using this.

I preped the engine before fitment as it is easier to do out of the car. This included new, cam belt, cam belt idlers, water pump and cam belt tensioner. Replaced all welsh plugs, cam and crank seals, bearings in fan belt idlers and fan belt. Also new platinum plugs where fitted. I modified the hydrolic fan pump to keep the fan belt running in its correct position, rebuilt the power steer pump and alternator.

A complete clutch/bellhousing kit was ordered from Castlemain Rod Shop along with a set of there universal engine mounts. The bellhousing was bolted to the box, and we lowered it in for a dummy fit. The motor would not come back far enough to mat with the bellhousing. We loosend the gearbox mount and move the box forward.

We were then able to get the engine bolted to the b/housing. We then had a play with the engine mounts, at first it looked as thou they where going to need some mods but luckily they bolted straight in to the original engine rubbers without any mods. Theengine had just enough clearance at the firewall and still left plenty of room behind the radiator. The gearbox mount will require mods and tail shaft will need extending but the engine fits good into the engine bay.

Things i now have to tackle are,
Exhaust Manifold
Gearbox mount
Tail shaft
Water hoses
AC
PS
Wiring
Hand Brake

Will post when furthure work is completed.

Do you have any pictures of your work? I'd be curious to see what you did to your hydraulic fan pump and also what was involved with rebuilding the power steering pump?

Cebby - The hydrolic fan pump i removed the impellar from inside the pump. Sealed off the fittings and filled up the pump with oil to lubricate the bushes inside.

The power steer pump i disassembled and replaced all the o-rings and seal in the pump. I purchased a complete seal kit from my local parts supplier.

Ok more work completed today.

Removed the sump and cut a section out to clear the steering arm. will weld in plates on monday if all goes well

Looked into oil filter issue of it not clearing the chassis. Went to the mower shop next door to my workshop, and what do you know. A John Deere ride on mower oil filter screws on and clears the chassis. The filter only retails for 19aus dollars too.

Connected throttle cable, adapted radiator hoses and heater hoses to suit. Thats about all i got through today. No more til monday now.

Some more work progress today, Sump is cut and shut to clear the steering linkages and modify oil pickup. And thats about it. Took alot of mucking around to get the sump right. Hope to have it finish(except for the exhaust system) by the end of next weekend.

Today power steer hoses where made, started wiring up the alternator and gauges and pulled efi harness through to inside the car. Fitted off fuel lines under the bonnet and vac lines for charcol canister.

Its all wired up now, ecu and gauages/alternator and all tidy. Clutch is all done and operational, tail shaft extended and fitted.

Fuel pump relay system is done, i had to improvise due to not being able to find a fuel pump ecu.

I have to make some plates to space the swaybar down and a few other minors and its ready. Its going to get exhaust done next week.

yep thats right 22r with a carb was top of the line for petrol engines in this model while you guys got hilux's(pickup) with 22r efi in the mid 80's.

Attachments

• 05 2uzfeoiler3.JPG
    05 2uzfeoiler3.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 05 2uzfeoiler2.JPG
    05 2uzfeoiler2.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 05 2uzfeoiler1.JPG
    05 2uzfeoiler1.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 05 2uzfeoiler.JPG
    05 2uzfeoiler.JPG