1uz Fuel Economy

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Max Hardcore

I AM GETTING 500 KM'S FROM 100 LITRES, OUT OF MY HILUX ITS DRAGGING 33' MUDS AROUND BUT IT SEEMS PRETTY BAD TO ME? WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE GETTING FOR COMPARISON......
shrug.gif
THATS USING PREMIUM HIGH OCTAINE UNLEADED, DOES EVERYONE USE THE PREMIUM OR STANDARD UNLEADED.....
shrug.gif

I'm getting 17lires/100klm.

A Lux should do better as it weighs less than my Range Rover.

It could be the diff ratios you're running.

Too high and you will need to keep the boot onto io it to keep it going. Too low and it will rev its head off.

It's a fine line and some experimentation is needed.

Zuffen thats another 100 Km's extra your gettin off 100 Litres...
Im going to 34' tyres shortly so that will guide me which way the economy goes...
Do you use high Octaine fuel or regular unleaded...

I get 15lts to 100ks on the highway. I run 33`s and 4.88 diff gears. This is not driving it like an old lady either, I still drop it back to 4th on the big hills to help try and save me gearbox. Around town who knows as I don`t drive it around town enough to worry about wroking it out, but its heeps heavier. Yes I run it on 98 octane.

I get 12L/100kms around town and 8L/100kms on the highway, it is never babied either - that 1UZ sounds way too good at full noise. Car weighs 1420kgs with half a tank of fuel, has 3.9 diff and 204cm tyre rollout. Also it is using an aftermarket ECU.

1uzfe suck gas...
my sc400 burn 16-20 litres per 100 km on city (heavy traffic, 20 in cold winter) and 10-12 litres per 100 km on highway. it is not fuell slipper

11L/100km on the highway, 13-14 in town with many cold starts/short runs.

I'm gonna replace the o2 sensors in the near future, should see it use less than 10L/100km on the highway.

13-14 highway and around 20 city driving 1600kg car with 3.9 diff and 235/45-17s

I still think it has something to do with traction control not being disabled properly

I use Premium Unleaded.

No idea on diff ratios, never bothered to check but run 12.5x33x15 BFG's.

When looking at diff ratios in 4x4's you need to also think about the transfer case ratio. Again I have no idea what mine is.

It will be very interesting to see what I end up getting in the Celica. With my turbo 22RE running 8.4 compression and a lopey cam it would get 25 mpg on normal driving. Got as high as 28. 5 on all highway and as low as 20 mpg even on a race weekend with two drivers. Now to convert to litres/100 km. If I am doing the math right, 25 MGP comes out to just 9.375 L / 100 km, WOW it looks like the 1UZ will drink alot more. Peewee's 11L/100K figures back to a bit over 21 MPG. Thats not too bad.

Gary M.
Only 18 months into the engine swap. ;-(

Guts,

Rangies run a variety of ratios and the case was built to race so it could run over or under drive ratios. One day I'll find out.

I like your comment "I wasn't driving like an old lady". You only know one way. Don't spare the horses.

For anyone who us getting terrible fuel economy, check your ignition timing at idle - If it's 5 degress BTDC your ecu is in limp home mode

the two cars I hav done 2wd 98 auto 4.3 diff 30" tires 14l/100 round town 12.3 open rd but I thrash its freckle off, the other 98 4wd man 4.5 diff 32" tires 12l/100 500kms on 60l tank its awsome, better than the old diesel but he drives like a nun on sunday

XE falcon fuel economy 1UZ and W57 with 3.45diff

My falcon returned, 12litres per 100 km on the last run, 400 kms for 48litres mostly 100kmh at 2400rpm in 5th but a few really good squirts from takeoff and various other bits of accelerating. i reckon if i was careful i could improve it to 11 litres per100km