1UZ for my '90 4x4 pickup

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

toy4whatever

This will be a slow build but not to slow. I should finish this year sometime.

So after patiently waiting for almost 2 years I bought a 1993 LS400 for $550. The couple I got it from said the fuel pump went out. I got it home and removed the fuel pump only to find it was stuck. I turned it with a pair of pliers and freed it up, put some jumper wires on it to see if it worked and it did. I put it back in the car and damn if it didn't fire right up.
I bought the pickup over 3 years ago from the original owner. It only had 81K on it and after only 2 months the motor blew. I replaced it with a rebuild and it lasted a year. I decided then I was going with a different motor. I had originally planned a 302 swap and even had a motor that I was building. Got a lot of really good parts for cheap but it was going to be to much motor by the time I got finished. So back to square one.

During all this time I had bought a solid axle and did the swap. The truck sets on 5" springs up front with 63" chevy springs out back. The front is a Trail-Gear kit while the back is some of my own creation.

THE PLAN: I will be doing most of the fab work myself. I am using a V6 transmission the will have 2 4cyl transfer cases attached to it. I will be making my own bell housing from the 1UZ and Toyota V6 bells. I will be using a Toyota V6 flywheel and clutch set-up. I will be keeping all the 1UZ accessories including A/C.

Here are some pics in order from when I got the truck til now.
dsc010042.jpg

DSC01708.jpg

DSC01713.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01812.jpg

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01825.jpg

DSC01823.jpg

DSC01927.jpg

This is how it sits as of now. I will be pulling her out and giving it a bath this weekend and start pulling the motor from the LS400. Also a few pics of the car.
DSC03108.jpg

DSC03105.jpg

DSC03106.jpg

Hey toy4, I am nearing doing a swap myself and would prefer to do a 4.0 I am out here in Waddell (just up the street from you) and would be interested in how you do this. My biggest question now is how you will mate up the xfr case to the transmission, do you have any ideas?

I am getting all my adapters from Trail-Gear.com. They have the V6 adapter and the dual T-case adapter. I am getting my 1UZ adapter from Phil Bradshaw. His adapter is actually cheaper than I thought.

I pulled the motor and transmission today. I pulled the harness and everything without cutting it. What else will I need from the donor car besides the ECU?
DSC03140.jpg

DSC03142.jpg

Still gathering parts for my swap. I picked up a Adapter for the transmission from a guy off this forum. A local guy had a V6 to 4cyl adapter that I got a few months ago. The engine and trans are in for a test fitment.
1024091237.jpg

SAS001.jpg

SAS002.jpg

Still gathering parts for my swap. I picked up a Adapter for the transmission from a guy off this forum. A local guy had a V6 to 4cyl adapter that I got a few months ago. The engine and trans are in for a test fitment.
1024091237.jpg

SAS001.jpg

SAS002.jpg

so this is the R150F gear box to 1uzfe adapter...? are you still using the V6 fly wheels/clutch....and so on...

and dose this guy have any more of these bell housings...??? i need one and getting it from down under is gonna be really $$$

any info would be most welcome....im in the same boat as you minus the adapter....

Pulled the engine and made a stand for it to sit on. I'm working on getting the triple shifters completed as well as mounting the slave cylinder for the clutch. LC Engineering made me a 38lb flywheel to suit a 10" clutch.
DSC03598.jpg

DSC03600.jpg

DSC03591.jpg

DSC03590.jpg

I decided to modify the driver side header to clear the steering.

DSC03620.jpg

DSC03622.jpg

Here are before and after pics.
BEFORE
DSC03618.jpg

AFTER
DSC03623.jpg

I will be replaceing the stock rag joint with one of these.
BOR-SSide-sm_LRG.jpg

Nice work. Where did you get the engine mounts? Thats what I was thinking of going with to keep the engine clear of the SAS. Now I hear the the uz headers are all the same. Is that true. The Tundra headers fit? Nice work on the headers to fit with the steering.

subscribed....ill be watching this, i was planning on doing a 302/c6/atlas in a few years... but this thread is starting to change my mind....

and btw, some of your picture links don't work, but do you have an album link you could post, instead of each photo's link??

Update

So after taking the engine in and out like 20 times it’s finally in the permanent position. I mounted the electric fan up and installed the radiator. I have about 1/4" clearance between the radiator and the a/c pulley. The flywheel and Tacoma clutch are mounted. I used stock 3RZ flywheel bolts and 5VZE pressure plate bolts from my local Toyota dealer. I will be ordering the All Pro Triple X in the next week or so. Until then I will be hooking up all the little things and try to start the engine.
DSC04079.jpg

DSC04085.jpg

DSC04087.jpg

DSC04192.jpg

DSC04188.jpg

IMG_20110121_101840.jpg

IMG_20110121_101202.jpg

triplex.jpg