1UZ fits in Supra!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

turboandrew

Well, I finally got around to test fitting it. This is a '99 1UZ with '92 SC400 oil pan and engine mounts.

I'ts like it was meant to go in there. I swear it was probably easier to get it in than the 2JZGTE! It looks like I am going to have tons of room to get the turbo kit in there.

Thanks all for your help! This site has been a great resource!

I think I will. I really wont know until I get some turbos, but I am confident I'll get something working.

Only issue I ran into tonight was that the SC400 oil pan needs some bigger holes, as the later 1UZ seems to use more larger diameter bolts to bolt to the block

Thanks Lex. I think I am going to to t3/t4 turbos, placed in front of the engine. The non-BB t3/t4's are so cheap, it's hard to pass up, at least for prototype turbo kit. Maybe eventually I'll get into the Garrett GT turbos.

more info on the drop in! :) gj!

That's the same project i'm looking into, just with no turbo.

Flea, the 2JZ is near-rear sump. The SC and Supra have the sump in the exact same location. The engine is actually a GS400 engine, but with a sump and enigne mounts from a SC400.

what prep work did you do to both the engine and the car for the swap? You going with a manual or auto tranny?

Andrew,

4.0 Liter with Twin T3/4 and some day with forged internals, you will make those 2JZ boys cry. That is NOT fair........

What computer will you be running? Stock or AEM

Cabear, I swapped out the oil pan and motor mounts with one form a SC400, that's it! This chassis is so close to an SC400 that very little has to be changed.

Lex, yes, it should be killer! As a lot of Supra people say, "technology is a replacement for displacement", well technology is -one- of many, more displacement still helps! 2 2JZ 6 cylinder has come such a long way, now making like 1200 rwhp, and even 1500 rwhp on some of the race cars (Bullish). I think it's time the Supra community take on some different challenges, like the 1/2/3UZ motors, make as much or more HP, but having far better streetability. Hopefully I can be a good example.

I am still thinking of using the 2UZ bottom end to start because it has 9.6 : 1 compression and 4.7l. I would hope to use the 1UZ vvti heads and intake with this, but I have to check into getting a replacement camshaft, as apparantly this engine (99 GS400) sat outside before I got it, and some condensation rusted exactly one cam lobe...grrr

Hopfully I can make 700+ rwhp with a pair of t3/t4's on ~18psi!

I'll be going with AEM. I have already confirmed the SC400 harness plugs into the AEM with nomodification. I will run a fex extra wires for the individual coils, but that's about it.

Andrew,
Make sure that whatever AEM box you get has the right crank/cam trigger system to match your new engine... If an AEM is for a car with a magnetic trigger, it cannot be made to sense an inductive pickup etc.... The hardest part with doing anything off the beaten path with the AEM system is that the literature they provide is so bare-bones.... I went to the seminar there in LA to become certified, and left with more questions than answers...

You are very right about the Supra community, I love the project that you are working on! Most Supra guys just want to bolt something on and make a ton of power, but it takes insight to do something totally different!

If you need some manifold flanges for your project, I still have some left...

Carl C

awww crap, looks like you're gonna finish way before me, hehehe....

im about to buy a written off supra TT 6 spd for the good bits... i also have 2 soarer and one crown motor sitting ready... i've got my crown ecu ready also...

oh wells, at least ill be one of the first in sydney hehe.

anyhow, enough sooking... so spill it... more info would be helpful to the rest of us mk4 guys who are going to do this conversion...

so you just used the soarer v8 sump and mounted that directly onto the supra crossmember??? i never dreamed it would be so easy...

here i was thinking i would have to swap to a soarer crossmember....

so, what else???

btw, thanks for all the info you've already shared.

yeah more info! Any wiring tips for the gauges and such? maybe compile your work into a manual and sell it :)

Yes, no cross member conversion! Just the sump and mounts from soarer/sc400. I have not done the wiring, but it looks like the 1UZ has the same timing pattern as the Supra (12 tooth crank and single tooth cam, Supra actually has 2 cam sensors but AEM only needs one), and the sc400 harness has the same ECU connector as the Supra, so using the AEM computer designed for the Supra should be fairly easy. I expect guages like the tach to be no problem at all with AEM, since it already controls the tach no problem. There are a few wires to work out like sending the starter signal thru the SC400 harness, etc, stuff like that, but IMO that's no big deal and will get sorted out.

Sorry I don't have much more info yet, but getting the 6 speed connected is the next step. I hope to get some time on CNC CAD software this weekend so I can send that out. Once the flange is perfected, getting more turned out will be no problem. Converting the Supra flywheel will need a little more work, and IMO, if I could get someone to CNC a brand new one, that would be ideal, but I doubt that will happen initially. I will modify a aluminum one with larger crankshaft bolt holes and 1UZ ring gear welded on