1UZ-FE Won't Crank Over

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Brad88

Hi Guys,

Recently finishing up a 1UZ into a JZA80 conversion and have run into problems trying to start it.

Details.

- Won't crank what so ever
- Rapid Clicking when turning the key
- Brand New Battery
- Can hear the relay click on/off.
- Can hear the fuel pump coming online.

Initial thoughts are a bad ground but have checked the wiring I can see.

Thoughts?

I would guess either you have a main chassis earth off or more likely a stuffed starter motor. Try giving it a tap with a long extension bar or pry bar either with out cranking or in crank mode. Otherwise pop it out and check it over. Sometimes if they have been sitting for a while the connects get corroded.

got the shits with it and pulled the intake assembly back off and a bit of investigation I noticed this that I missed before..

..I'm guessing its might be to do with the problem.

Attachments

• SAM_3243.jpg
    SAM_3243.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I would guess either you have a main chassis earth off or more likely a stuffed starter motor. Try giving it a tap with a long extension bar or pry bar either with out cranking or in crank mode. Otherwise pop it out and check it over. Sometimes if they have been sitting for a while the connects get corroded.

Stuffed starter was the cranking issue - turns out it was ceased/corroded.

It cranks now but won't idle, ECU codes 24 / 28 / 31.

Last edited:
Not sure, 4 Speed from a soarer Im told (94).

Only throwing Code 28 now. Replaced AFM and no change.

Are there any sensor on the block, crank etc that I should look at replacing that will cause this.

Have you tried disconnecting AFM then cranking? Will it run if you play with throttle?

I'd suggest that you check sta/nsw pins first. You should see 0V at both when ignition is on. Also make sure you have +12V always at BATT terminal so ECU have a chance to store error codes. Try to read them after a series of unsuccessful starts.