1UZ-FE into a Mercedes G Class

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

flashman

Hello.

My name is Andreas from Germany and I`ll try to keep my introduction short.
Since 2003 I`m very fascinated by all types of 4x4. It`s a beloved passion and I'm learning more every day.

So I decided to use the very lovely Lexus V8 4.0l engine as new heart of my old Mercedes G Class, which ist going to be a funny rallye racer. Yes, maybe a bit charged.:)

My first question is very simple, but sometime the small things become a big issue if not done correctly.

To connect the A341 transmission to the separate split case of the "merc", I need to fabricat a propshaft adapter. My actual A341 has a 3-bold flange with classic rubber disc. But since I need to save every inch of proshaft-length and the bold pattern of the original flange and of the mercedes propshaft interfer in a bad way, I`m thinking about welding the original A341 flange. But is it possible? Is the material weldable or is it cast iron?

Or maybe there are other flanges to buy, which are in different dimension, so an simple adapter-plate is more easy to machine.

Would be nice to blog images of conversion here. But since it`s a onside project, it will take some considerable time.

Thanks,
Andreas